PDA

View Full Version : Golf Course on Bonaire?

Squirrelfish
09-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Does this place really exist or did it ever exist?: http://www.piedraso.com/ We tried to find it last week (not to golf, just to see it) and nobody seemed to know about it.

stretch
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, it does exist. Email the address llisted and he will email you back.
We have never been there but other people we know have . It is a course of
rocks like the island and nothing is watered. Should get a lot of roll.

ModFreddie
09-04-2012, 05:11 AM
there are donkeys as greens keepers :) Been there just to look.. a long ride and hard to find..

susan
09-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Just so you know...........Piedra So means "Only Rocks" if that gives you an idea of what the "greens" are like! But yes, it is real and as Stretch said, write and they are pretty good at getting back to you.

Squirrelfish
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. We were in the right place… I think. There was a GOLF sign and we followed the dirt road out to the coast, marked by rocks and bottles painted greenish blue. There just wasn’t any sign of a shed or picnic table like the one pictured on their website. Next year we’ll just have to email them before we visit, as suggested.

Bridge
09-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Once you are on that little hill and looking down to the coast, you can see buildings on the right, that is the chicken/egg farm ... you drive down to the sand road and than about 1 mile south (at your right) and you come to a cactus fence and behind that is the golf course .... you see a gate about 30 yeards inland, and behind it a building and a driving range with a roof .....

Squirrelfish
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Once you are on that little hill and looking down to the coast, you can see buildings on the right, that is the chicken/egg farm ... you drive down to the sand road and than about 1 mile south (at your right) and you come to a cactus fence and behind that is the golf course .... you see a gate about 30 yeards inland, and behind it a building and a driving range with a roof .....
OK - That's our problem! We turned left when we got to the coast.

Cornhusker
09-21-2012, 01:00 PM
No--that is called a WATER HAZARD! LOL

Cornhusker

billmosel
09-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Being in the golf business.. I think this is way cool. I can't wait to find in when I'm down in February!!