PDA

View Full Version : Connection times

schentravel
08-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I have free (frequent flier miles) roundtrip tickets to Aruba. However, we really want to spend time in Bonaire and Curacao instead. We come into Aruba on a Delta flight at 2:04 PM. My question is how long should I give us to catch a small airlines flight to Bonaire (via Curacao). Is a 4:35PM flight okay or should would you reccomend that I book the 6:25PM flight?

For our trip home our Delta flight leave Aruba at 3:04PM. Does the flight from Curacao that is scheduled to land at 11:40am in Aruba okay to make our connection or would you recommend that I book the flight that lands somewhere around 7:30AM?

Thanks for any help or insights people can give me.

Bill Thorpe
08-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Aruba's customs can be tricky, so give yourself as much leyway as possible, espically on the return flight.
Please tell us which airlines your using and then keep us informed on the outcome.--thanks

schentravel
08-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I am looking at traveling on Insel Air. From looking at the postings in this forum it looks like none of my choices of airlines are good. I was also looking at DEA but they seem to have an even worse reputation than the others. Any advice? Leaving from Aruba to Bonaire, we arrive in Aruba at 2:00PM. Thanks to your advice, I am no longer considering the 4:35 PM flight, but I am deciding between the 6:25PM and 8:10PM flight. I hate to schedule the latest flight in case of cancellations etc.

Upon getting your advice, I plan to book the 7:30AM flight from Curacao to Aruba instead of the later flight that lands at Aruba at 11:40. This is to catch a 3:04PM flight back to the states.

Thanks for your advice

Bill Thorpe
08-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Have you looked at Tiarra Air?

stretch
08-27-2012, 11:18 PM
When booking with Insel air, I had better luck going
thru Priceline .com . We are flying into Aruba in Nov.
then using Insel air to get to Bonaire.

Bill Thorpe
08-27-2012, 11:21 PM
make that Tiara Air

schentravel
09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Bill,

Tiara air was more expensive. Do you think it is more reliable?

Thanks