PDA

View Full Version : Cab Fare to Divi

Mooth
08-24-2012, 12:14 PM
To save a few $$ on days we don't need the car - basically the days we arrive and leave - I am thinking about cabbing it to the Divi and having the car rental people meet us there. Depending on cab fare, I think we can save about $65 this way.

According to infoBonaire, the fare to the zone near Divi is about $9? The information seemed to be from 2009, so I am not sure it is accurate. Divi is pretty walkable for a day or two, so it seems like a good idea.

Do you guys know how much cab fare would be from the airport to the Divi?

Gmichael
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
the fares have not really changed much as yet but there are factors as to how much luggage. Divi also offers transfeers. You may want to check with the corporate office to see what the cost is.

Mooth
08-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Michael. So it seems as though the fare is still about $10?

Checked the Divi website and it talks about car rental and cabs, so it doesn't seem like they're into the transfers. There are also four of us, so a cab may be more affordable,anyway.

george and judy
08-25-2012, 12:14 PM
At the airport call for Victor Ruiz, Cab #8. His phone is 599-785-0044. His vehicle can handle 4 people with luggage and he charges $10 to Divi. I usually tip him $2 and use him during the week. Divi will call him for you if you need him. He is very friendly and reliable.

Mooth
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks, George and Judy. Sounds like the fare is what I expected and I can save some $$ by not renting a truck for those two days. I'll try to remember to take Victor's number. Friendly and reliable is good!