PDA

View Full Version : Home delivery for tanks

Cockwheat
08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a group of three traveling to Bonaire in September (3rd visit). We'll be staying in one of sunrental's private villa rentals (not BOA). They offer home delivery of tanks. Has anyone used this service before? What was your experience; on time? Plenty of availability? Did they bring a nitrox analyzer with them if you used nitrox?

Thanks so much for your help?

bcwolfen
08-20-2012, 11:15 PM
We did a stay through Sun Rentals a few years ago where they delivered tanks. There were always plenty. We let them know how many we would need. We also dropped off empties and picked up new ones if our dive site was passing by the main Buddy Dive drive through. This ensured we always had enough tanks, especially if we had a night dive and an early morning dive planned where all 8 of us were going.
They did not provide a Nitrox analyzer, I brought mine from home. I don't think they have one that they loan out, but that may have changed. Certainly check ahead and bring one if you plan on diving Nitrox.

randl
08-21-2012, 12:12 AM
We've done this, too. You'll have to provide an analyzer and show it works (for safety). It's a terrific way to get tanks and they'll also retrieve the empties.

randl

Fid
08-23-2012, 01:12 PM
We usually book through Sunrentals and have used the tank delivery service. We were very satisfied and never had any issues of running out of tanks or having to wait for them to be delivered. They were always there in the morning before we woke up.

Lovebonaire
08-24-2012, 04:46 AM
We used their home delivery for several years. It helps some - but as we do at least 3 dives a day - we still needed to do drive thru to get more. They also tended to come around 9 - so if you are an early bird - tanks weren't there in time. It is a nice perk - but it doesn't mean you will always have fresh tanks at your door. Now if the drive thru would just have a beer and ice cream truck.....

BillandDonna
09-17-2012, 07:57 PM
We have stayed at one of sunrental's private villa's and had great tank service every morning! No complaints here at all! We had plenty of availability of tanks and we had 7 divers. We have our own nitrox analyzer. Sunrentals was great to work with! I highly recommend them!