PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning in Condos?

lizbarna
08-10-2012, 03:58 PM
The Condo we usually stay in took the air conditioning out except for the bedrooms. I was told that this is normal practice in Bonaire, only air in bedrooms because of the high cost of electricity on the island. This would not be a problem but the only screens are in the air conditioned bedrooms. It gets hot and the skeeters bite! Let me know your experience, is this really the norm?

kob
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Absolutely the norm. Usually a/c only in bedrooms and sometimes it's programmed to shut off automatically after a period of time. Varies from resort to resort or rental to rental.

lizbarna
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks. Screens and fans would make it bearable.

wwguy
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
AC in bedrooms-only is the norm, but many accommodations are fully screened. Some even have screened patios.

I've stayed in places with and without screens on Bonaire. Several years ago we decided that screens on all windows are mandatory for us and have been enjoying mostly mosquito-free accommodations ever since. (A few of the little vampires sneak in when we're coming and going, but it's much better than open windows.)

connie
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM
There are definitely condos for rent that have both a/c and screens throughout. Read listings closely because this is something that would likely be listed as an amenity, or ask your rental agent to quote only rentals with these specifications to you.

Cornhusker
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I know that one of the units in Bellevue has AC in all the rooms---2nd floor unit and I cna check with person who is renting it this February and get the unit number if interested?

Cornhusker