PDA

View Full Version : Park Tag for Snorkelers?

Squirrelfish
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Do snorkelers on Bonaire need to purchase a park tag to snorkel (like the one's divers attach to their BC) and if so, where would you wear it? Thanks.

ModRoy
08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes Nick they do, Divers pay $25 and all other users of the Marine Park waters (e.g. snorkellers & Windsurfers & Kitesurfers) pay $10, well I think that is the latest prices, please feel free to correct me anyone :rolleyes:

Unles you are an FKK person then clip it to your trunks ;)

Squirrelfish
08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks, Roy. Does it look the same as the Dive tag?

tursiops
08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
The ones I've seen in the past have been a different shape (diamond, not circle) and on a lanyard for wearing around the neck. Haven't seen one this year yet...

Squirrelfish
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Cool. Thanks, Mel.

Kimfair
08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
In the past, I've attached it to my mask (it came with a plastic tie). If you go to the park (and don't buy your pass there) remember to bring it AND your receipt or you will need to buy another one (personal experience!).

Squirrelfish
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Good advice about the receipt. There was never a problem when I had the tag on my BC, but I guess it's easier to swap tags when you are snorkeling.

wwguy
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
There's information here on the STINAPA web page (http://www.stinapa.org/naturefee.html) about the various Bonaire National Marine Park (BNMP) Nature Fees. It includes example images of both tags, as well as the requirement for "written receipt of purchase of your dive tag and a picture ID" to enter the Washington Slagbaai National Park without paying an additional fee. This requirement is also detailed on the back of the receipt you get when you pay for the tag.

Squirrelfish
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the STINAPA link, wwguy...that says it all. ;)

Remco
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
When returning tot the Parc, and allready purchased the tag, don't forget to bring some proper ID. Without your ID, the parc rangers are allowed to send you back home...

Squirrelfish
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
When returning tot the Parc, and allready purchased the tag, don't forget to bring some proper ID. Without your ID, the parc rangers are allowed to send you back home...
Then you just have to make sure you can bring your ID and receipt along with you in a watertight case so it doesn't get stolen while you're out there.

BonnieC
09-12-2012, 09:53 PM
From 12/30/11 Bonaire Insider:
"For international visitors with a valid $25 SCUBA diving tag, entrance to the park is free of charge. Please present the receipt of purchase together with a valid picture ID (or a copy of a valid picture ID) or a certification card at the entrance of the park. For international visitors with a valid $10 Nature Fee tag, the entrance fee to the park is $15. Please present the receipt of purchase together with a valid picture ID (or a copy of a valid picture ID) or a certification card at the entrance of the park."