PDA

View Full Version : BDA Staff Changes?

Lori
08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone know what happened to Jordy Werkhoven, a divemaster from Bonaire Dive and Adventure? I know that BDA divemasters, Annie and Travis, left the island this past spring and returned to the U.S. for educational reasons. I recently checked the staff website for BDA and noticed that Jordy is also no longer listed. In fact, it seems that BDA does not have much staff currently.

Lovewater
08-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Anyone know what happened to Jordy Werkhoven, a divemaster from Bonaire Dive and Adventure? I know that BDA divemasters, Annie and Travis, left the island this past spring and returned to the U.S. for educational reasons. I recently checked the staff website for BDA and noticed that Jordy is also no longer listed. In fact, it seems that BDA does not have much staff currently.
I understand from many of the staff on my visits that Andre and Katherine are really hard to work for!

Suuntodiver
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
The last time we were on island in March/April Annie and Travis were leaving on April 1st and Jordy went to the Plaza. Not sure if he is still there or not.

Flyinv
08-07-2012, 10:09 PM
As long as they have full tanks when I am there in a couple months I am happy.

cvanasse
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
In early July, we used BDA. That is true that Annie, Travis and Jordy are not there anymore. They were cool and we missed them. However, there was a young, friendly and helpful Canadian guy who just arrived.
It seems that for now, it is mostly Andre and Catherine that are running the show. I don’t know if this is related to the fact that BDA is not anymore the “default” dive shop attached to Sand Dollar Resort packages or just because summer is a slow season for the business.
This was our fourth time diving with BDA. As for previous visits, the staff (including Catherine and Andre) was nice and helpful, rental equipment was in good condition, the place was clean, tanks were full (2900psi-3100psi) and there was no shortage of Nitrox.

Because my previous visit was during last February, I was allowed to join the fast-track group for the second part of the orientation session (with Catherine). Usually, after the red-eye from Newark and the excitement associated to the forthcoming first dive of the week on Bari Reef, the fast-track a plus. At the end of the session, I realized that my friends, with the regular orientation session group, were captivated by what Andre was explaining. So I returned with that group and I enjoyed Andre’s presentation. He did not limit the presentation to park rules, dive sites, lion-fish invasion, safety measures, logistics and the usual. He also explained in length the new status of Bonaire (10-10), what changed, what will change, the public works and their impact on environment, the windmills project, the changing economy etc. etc… All that was very interesting and well presented.

I don’t know if they plan to add some staff in the near future. However, when we were there, we never feel they were short of staff as everything was running smoothly.

Enjoy your diving on Bari Reef.

Suuntodiver
08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Diving from the dock and full tanks are all that we ask for also. Will be there in Oct. and can't wait.

Flyinv
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Diving from the dock and full tanks are all that we ask for also. Will be there in Oct. and can't wait.

Early Oct? I am there Oct 5th thru 13th.

Suuntodiver
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Will be on island Oct. 6th thru the 20th. Will be diving from the dock most early a.m's. Where are you staying?

Rob Mills
08-29-2012, 01:28 PM
The young Canadian is Sean Langen from Calgary, i was (am) his course director, he is really having fun down there. Anee and Travis are now in scotland as Travis got his grant to go there. Anne is working in a dive shop in Aberdeen guiding.

fraserfraser
08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
"Anne is working in a dive shop in Aberdeen guiding" sounds COLD! sorry to butt in as I know little about BDA. But love hearing about Aberdeen :-)
want to go
okay.....back to bonaire and diving.