PDA

View Full Version : general question

luvtosnorkel
07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Just recently came back from my first vacation to Bonaire. Had a wonderful time and got to see so many different variety of fish I never seen before. However I really wanted to see a seahorse but did not luck out this time. Can anyone recommend places they have definately seen seahorses for my return trip hopefully next year sometime. I just snorkel so perhaps I don't have a good chance to see one in shallow water. Also any place to see a frogfish would be great too. Thanks everyone!!

ModRoy
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I would like to bring your attention to THIS POST - Directions-to-Seahorses-and-Frogfish-Bad-Idea (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?70567-Directions-to-Seahorses-and-Frogfish-Bad-Idea)

luvtosnorkel
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for enlightening me on the situation.

tursiops
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
In any case, info about where you might go today is mostly irrelevant for your trip next year.
Best bet: hire a professional, qualified guide next time. Good luck.

Squirrelfish
07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
In any case, info about where you might go today is mostly irrelevant for your trip next year.
Best bet: hire a professional, qualified guide next time. Good luck.
Good point. All of our seahorse and frogfish sightings on Bonaire were with a qualified quide who knew where to find them and knew that we could be trusted with the knowledge.
Good Luck finding one on your next trip!
Nick