PDA

View Full Version : Pac Safe for shore dives

filefish
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used a backpack pac safe to secure their valuables while shore diving.

randl
07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
What would you do...wire chain it to the steering wheel?

matthewc
07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Never leave valuables in truck, leave windows down and doors unlocked. Leave valuables in room or take with you on dive. Never leave anything you would miss in truck. This advice was given to me on our first trio to Bonaire in Nov 2002. Ten trips later still the best advice.

wwguy
07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
If they don't steal it, they'll probably destroy it trying to. Nothing screams "valuables inside" like a bag or backpack locked to or inside something. Something like an unattended rental car parked in a remote location.

lorimich
07-24-2012, 11:46 AM
A New York way of life - never leave anything in your vehicle you're not willing to have stolen! If you must, make the inside look like it's been rumaged thru (crumbled papers, empty bottles - clean trash) with your stuff buried. Doesn't look pretty but it does look like someone already had a go at it!

ModCecil
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Wendy just remember the resort is typically 10 minutes away, just leave everything there. Bring a water bottle, ratty teeshirt, old sunglasses and a smile, oh and don't forget the dive equipment (done that).

tschamp
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Wendy just remember the resort is typically 10 minutes away, just leave everything there. Bring a water bottle, ratty teeshirt, old sunglasses and a smile, oh and don't forget the dive equipment (done that).
Similar here; I've got the ratty part down pat.
But by the 4th or 5th dive day I start to get too relaxed.
I drove down for my afternoon dive at Something Special or Front Porch last trip, parked and went to the back of the pickup to gear up.
Then got back inside and drove back to Buddy Dive to get a tank of something to breathe...
:rolleyes:

filefish
07-24-2012, 04:26 PM
No I know not to leave anything in the truck. This is my 12th trip. I wouldn't lock anything in, on the truck but maybe around a tree hidden out of view. This trip we plan to dive up in the park and I want to be sure to have my water and towel just in case. I was just a thought....

Squirrelfish
07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
What would you do...wire chain it to the steering wheel?
Bring along a shovel and bury it.:confused: :D

patrick farrell
08-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Unless they have improved, my son destroyed a pacsafe with his leatherman in about five minutes when he lost the key.
We now use a surf lock,which the adverts show standing up to being hit with a lump hammer