PDA

View Full Version : Kid friendly hotel?

Peter
06-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi, I am planing in visiting Bonaire with my 6 year old son in August. Is there any special recommendation for a hotel staying with a 6 year old kid?
Thanks!

ModCecil
06-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome to BT, Peter. I can't really think of a kid unfriendly hotel on Bonaire. I have seen kids at pretty much all of them and some have special kid programs eg. The Plaza, Buddy Dive and Captain Dons AFAIK. Go to the below link and look in your price range.

http://www.infobonaire.com/

Then you can ask about a particular resort and we can be more specific.

jkehnle
06-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Peter,

Cecil is right -- Bonaire is kid-friendly.

However to me a kid-friendly hotel means a beach, and I think Harbour Village offers the best one (indeed, virtually the only one) on the island. There is also plenty of shade on the beach to allow a 6 year old some respite from the sun. The resort certainly isn't cheap. My wife and I have stayed there for years, and every visit have enjoyed children enjoying the beach.

ModRA
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree, I have a now 14 and 10 year old, they made their first trip to Bonaire at the age of 2. We do have a timeshare at Divi which is also very family friendly. Easy entry into water, sun pier with shade, 2 pools, large grounds and 2 restaurants. My kids have always made friends on every trip with both local and visiting children, they love it! You can't go wrong with any place you choose in my opinion! Enjoy!

george and judy
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Peter, I would recommend Divi. We have had our grandchildren there as young as 3 and they certainly enjoyed it. They have 2 pools and a tiny beach. Also, there are kid "friendly" meals at their 2 restaurants. You can walk to town in 20 minutes. The Woodwind snorkel boat picks up at the Divi and they are great with young children.