PDA

View Full Version : Happy news from Atlanta

BonnieC
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I just got information from Delta that the new international terminal is open at ATL. While I'm sure it's a nice terminal, the best news for me is that arriving from BON we will no longer have to go through the get bags/go through customs/check bags/go through security/get bags. This will make the trip home much less frustrating.
We won't see it until next Feb. Would someone who goes through the new teminal please post about it here?
thanks

ModCecil
05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

That is some good news there. That is the sillest thing on the planet, what you have to go through to leave the Atlanta airport after returning from an overseas flight.

maryandpete
05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Good news! We go through ATL a lot and I HATE that process. Last time we barely made it to our next flight in time and we had a 2 hour layover.

FrankieD
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
We will be leaving ATL for BON on sat (5 may) and returning 12 may. I'll try and remember to come back and report on how well thinks work..

BSchnaak
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Passengers terminating their travels in Atlanta are the ones who benefit most from the new terminal opening. Now that there is an exit to the outside directly from the new terminal, they will no longer be required to re-check their local bags and get rescanned. However anyone in transit and continuing on will, of course need to do the re-check/rescreen after leaving customs. Silly as the old system was, all passengers upon clearing customs and having had access to their checked luggage had to go through security before entering back into the "sterile" passenger area to either exit the airport or continue on to their connecting flights. I did have the good fortune once during an ATL stopover to end around security via a shuttle bus to the area outside baggage claim. Still had to recheck the bag, but I was pleased not to have to get scanned again.