PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car Question

PatRuss
04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
We are returning to Bonaire in June. Can't wait. It is time to get back into the water.

We are thinking of using Island Carrental Bonaire this year.

Does anyone know of any concerns with Island Carrental?

Thanks...

kob
04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Rent from Poppy at Telerin.

Julia
04-25-2012, 02:16 AM
We have used Island rental for the past few years and had nothing but good service from them. We had a slight accident last year when someone ran into us and the first question they asked was if we were ok. They pick us up from our villa and take us to the airport office and have been very prompt in their dealings with us. No hesitation in recommending them.

BonnieC
04-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I would not recommend them. The wait is very long if you are not the first one in line. There were a few things on our truck that didn't work, and they treated me like I was whining about trivia. I don't consider a seat belt trivia. When the gas cap lock wouldn't open, we had to take the truck to the garage and wait for repairs. The repair was to remove the lock so we could put gas in. Compared to Island, switching to Poppy was like borrowing a car from a family member.

jujubees
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Rent from Poppy

ModRA
05-02-2012, 12:01 AM
With all due respect to Poppy (I know she provides excellent customer service) I have also had very good service from Island Carrental. We had a flat tire and my husband walked back to our place and called them and they went right over and picked him up and gave us a different car and said they would take car of the other car. We were treated very courteously and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Maybe I am just lucky because going to Bonaire many, many times over the years I have never had a bad experience with any of the car rental places and I believe I have used them all at one time or another.:D

Tribs
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I think we all have our favorites. I have not used Island Carrental - sorry. I'm loyal to AB. Maybe we will run into each other. I will be there in June as well.

trish
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I think we all have our favorites. I have not used Island Carrental - sorry. I'm loyal to AB. Maybe we will run into each other. I will be there in June as well.

We have always used AB also & have never had a problem. Monique, Diana & Ronald have become like family to us, love them!