PDA

View Full Version : Agents/attorneys to advise on residency application?

jeff
04-19-2012, 06:17 PM
My wife and I potentially qualify a couple of different ways for residency and are looking for someone to advise which way to apply. We own a lot in Sabadeco and plan to move to the island next spring to manage the construction of our house. Would like to get the timeline and paperwork in order ahead of time. Please feel free to PM me information if you don't want to post it. Thanks!

LouiseH
05-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Hi Jeff, my husband and I have just had our residency granted on the grounds of persons with independant means. Despite some of the nightmare stories that we have read we found the whole process very straightforward. We had a 2 week wait for our appointment, only had to attend the once and our application was granted 3 weeks later. We also found the staff at IND very helpful over the phone and by email beforehand whilst we were checking we had just what we needed. Feel free to PM me if you want a run down of what we submitted with our applications.
Louise

ChefKim
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Hello Louise, my husband and I just picked up the paperwork from immigration. We were told by friends of ours on the island that even though we have original birth certificates we need a special stamp on them? We are from the US. If you would be so kind as to let us know what you submitted.
Thanks and Regards, Kim
P.S. - new to this forum, so still learning

LouiseH
10-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Kim
Happy to help. Drop me a private message and I'll reply with all the info I have.
Regards
Louise

alwaysdiving
02-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Louise:

We are looking to moving to Bonaire in the fall/winter 1013. We have a dog, and don't want her to travel in summer. We have very recent passports, birth centificates and marriage certificates, and are waiting to apostille them because we don't know until when the apostille is valid. Somewhere I found 1 year, in other places they said 6 months. Do you know?

Another question: Do we need to own property and have a Bonaire bank account before we apply for residency? We are ready to retire there, and our fully paid home is for sale. As soon as it's sold, we're ready. Is there a minimum value for the home, if we need to buy?

Do we need to apply in person to both offices? Can we apply during our vacation? How did it work for you?

Is it worth it to bring my old Jeep Libery and pay to ship it from Portland OR all the way to Bonaire? Our jet ski and ATV? Did you ship anything once you got your resident permit validated?

Looking forward to a reply, we hope someday to meet you in front od 1000 steps.

Denis and Gianna

bonairehomes
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Jeff & Denis and Gianna -

Everything you need to know is on the last few pages of the application form for residency.
Here is the link to the form. http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/media/images/overig/Folders%20IND/ENG/MBES03_EN.pdf

If you look at the different choices for you application status, it looks like you can apply as "A Person of Independent Means, or as an "Investor". At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any benefit for one over the other. The only difference seems to be that in order to qualify as an "investor" you need to purchase a house or other commecial property with a value of over $365,000.

You can apply for residency yourself, you don't need an agent or attorney to help you.

The best thing to do if you have questions is to call the Immigration Office for answers. Most of the rules seem to be changing over time, and most of the finer points are not yet in writing. THe IND staff are normnally very helpful and friendly and will do their best to answer your questions. Please note that the ue of e-mail at the RCN-IND is not that common yet, so you will get you best and quickest asnwers by either making an appointment and going there in person, os by calling them. The phone number of Immigration is +599 715 8333.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.