PDA

View Full Version : Flying Divi Divi - when to leave BON

Scotttyd
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I am flighing on the AA flight at 15:40 from CUR to MIA - what Divi Divi flight should I take back to CUR from BON? I was thinking the 11:45 flight should give me plenty of time, just unsure of how often this flight is delayed, etc.

thanks

smits
04-12-2012, 03:53 AM
My experiences with Divi Divi are good.
For your own peace of mind, you might consider taking an early Divi flight if it's possible to check in early with AA and get rid of your luggage.
Then take a cab to Willemstad and spend half a day there.

susan
04-12-2012, 08:24 AM
No matter which flight you take, be sure that you (in advance) relay to Divi Divi your luggage requirements as well as the fact that you are connecting in Curacao. That way they can best manage how to get you AND your luggage to your connecting flight. Remember, they are small planes and can only take so much luggage, as people go first (imagine that!). :D But it might also mean that if the plane is full with passengers, they might want to send your luggage on an earlier, emptier flight. A little communication goes a long way to ensuring things so smoothly.

Scotttyd
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
thanks all, yes, I have heard about the luggage - and I am taking the 10:15 flight back to CUR bc the 11:45 is full. Hopefully I can drop luggage off the night before even and send it - will they have a secure place to hold in CUR?

MyGF's friend lives in CUR so I have 1/2 a day or so, she can show me around!

smits
04-13-2012, 01:49 AM
I would not count on it they will keep your luggage for you. It's unloaded on a belt and you are supposed to pick it up yourself, go through customs and bring it to AA. Just give them a call (skype) and maybe they'll surpise you :-)
Your plan of taking the 10:15 flight sounds perfect. I would suggest that you limit yourself in visiting Willemstad only. It's a wonderful city with fort's, synagoge, century old buildings an open market, an open air restaurant where you cab have lunch with the locals.
Maybe you should take the 07:15 flght :-) So much to see there.

Scotttyd
04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I will keep the 10:15 - give me time for a dive or two friday morning! (because you know 10 days of diving isn't enough).

I have heard of people sending their baggage on earlier flights due to space issues - what do most people do if their luggage gets there and they are still in Bon?

susan
04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Check with Divi Divi--I believe if they know that they are sending your luggage ahead of you, they let their people in Curacao know, so they hold on to it until you arrive.