PDA

View Full Version : aruba to bonaire

Scotttyd
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Checking flights from RDU - I can get into Aruba for a lot cheaper than CUR - what local airline flies from ARU to BON - or will I have to stop over in CUR? (which would make it a four leg flight - I will pay the extra fare vs doing this.

parachute
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Tiara

tschamp
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Tiara used to have only a few AUA-BON flights a WEEK and not every day, so it wasn't so great. Unsure what they have now.

Insel has several AUA-CUR-BON flights a day. You do change small planes in CUR but that's not terrible punishment.

DAE used to fly similar to Insel but they quit flying to BON. Some folks are completely OK with that...

stretch
04-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Dae is flying again from Aruba to Bonaire, Email them to find out the times and the cost of the flights.
It doesn't work trying to book the flights on line , you have to contact them.

tschamp
04-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Dae is flying again from Aruba to Bonaire, Email them to find out the times and the cost of the flights.
It doesn't work trying to book the flights on line , you have to contact them.
Yes, if you go to the airport website, it does show three DAE flights per day to/from Curacao so I guess that's another option.
http://www.flamingoairport.com/

susan
04-04-2012, 08:51 AM
I believe that DAE has already ceased one of their new flights to and from Bonaire (the morning flight) until further notice, so do be aware that they are still re-organizing and they may switch things around until they get it all set.

fishhog
04-13-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm in a similar situation. We will be spending a week in Aruba then heading over to Bonaire for a week. I can save some pennies with a short jump over to Curacao. Would you do direct to Bonaire on Tiara..or save the beer money with a quick jump to Curacao then Bonaire with Insel. It's vacation so I'm always up for an adventure! How would customs work jumping islands? Insel seems to have more generous baggage limitations.