PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to say something about Harbour Village.

nestakai
04-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I have been, and still am, a "place to lay my head diver". When solo, I am cool with a tent, shack, or whatever so, make no mistake, I am good with that.
Fortunately, I can splurge a time or two, and I choose to splurge at Harbour Village especially when it comes to my family. This place is magic. If you want some "anything I can do for you" service, Harbour Village is the spot. The beach is kickin', the beach service is as great, Dive Adventures is soooooo good, the food at LaBalandra is off the hook, and the suites are tits. I hope, if it can be afforded because it is expensive, divers hit this resort more. Pools, spas, food, total service. I have been throughout the caribean and I love this place the most. Harbour Village, costly but worth every penny!

tschamp
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I checked prices, just for fun.
In the off-season months, HV is $1100 each per week for their Club Dive special with courtyard room.
That's ruffly the same as I pay at Buddy Dive for a 1 BR apartment.
Big difference is: no vehicle included in the HV package so have to toss extra cash for that...

jkehnle
04-03-2012, 08:20 AM
I couldn't agree more. We've loved Harbour Village a number of years, now, having stayed there 11 times. Unquestionably one of the finest hotel/resorts we have ever enjoyed. The beach is indeed quite wonderful, as are the rooms and the La Balandra restaurant. And the staff -- simply spectacular. OK, I know the prices are right up there, but hey...if we don't spend it, the kids or the government get it!

nestakai
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah, i get the rental car thing. They don't offer any deals like that but they do what they are good at: SERVICE. Arrive, and your worries are over. They take care of everything else. Its awesome.

schoude
04-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I looked at Harbour Village when we first talked about going to Bonaire. We decided on Den Laman, but Harbour Village isn't out of the running for our next trip (I'm sure there will be one). We are definitely looking forward to staying at Den Laman, but I loved the way the rooms looked at HV, and the beach - I guess it is a good reason to plan our second trip...

nestakai
04-03-2012, 08:56 PM
For our last 3 visits, we have been provided a $250.00 resort credit which is nice and could offset most of rental car cost, tschamp. Its all relative, though. LaBalandra is pretty pricey but the diving is very, very reasonable if you did some of their boat diving. Timing is key with the credit. I am sure its not offered during the high season.