PDA

View Full Version : Kura Hulanda on Curacao -- Super Saver Room?

trotsky
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry, I know this is on the other island but I'm having a hard time finding info on this particular set of rooms and people on here seem well traveled through both islands. The Super Saver Room is much cheaper than their standard, practically half the cost, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone on-line who has booked and stayed in one of these. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

audrey
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I've booked the super saver for my guests and they were very happy. Its just their standard room but with a big discount. They have promotions because they just changed owners. Kura Hulanda is very nice!

tschamp
03-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Are you guys talking about the hotel downtown or the Lodge out in Westpunt?

phelana
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
What is the price on the supersaver rooms? I have stayed at the town location 5 times and always had a large room near Astrolab. In Nov. I had a very tiny room in the back (paid 99.00) and it was just ok. The door had slats and so the noise level was high. Also the room was full of mossies. I do LOVE KH and have recommended it to many clients. The setting is magical.

smits
03-22-2012, 06:26 PM
link to supersaver rooms:

http://www.kurahulanda.com/nl/hotel/room-rates

trotsky
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
We got back from staying in our 55 Euro/night room right after Sandton resorts purchased the Kura Hulanda. The Super Saver rooms were functional and it was nice to stay in that restored little "complex" -- hard to complain about a room at that price in Willemstad. The rooms haven't been updated for a long time and not everything works (lamps, etc) but there are some nice amenities like bathrobes. Lots of mosquitoes all throughout the Kura Hulanda complex, esp the museum, due to the rains in March.

I'd consider paying more for an upgrade depending on how nice the rooms are at the next level.