PDA

View Full Version : Captain Don's last minute special

denisemaine
03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
If anybody can do last minute traveling, this looked like a good deal:

Captain Don's is having a really good last minute special, "Boston Sea Rovers Show Special 2 for 1 travel now inMarch 2012 must be booked and paid in full be March 13th.. 7 night ocean view room, welcome rum punch, meet the captain manager's rum party, 6 single tank boat dives, 6 days unlimited 24 hr shore diving, govt taxes, surcharges, & energy surcharges - 2 for 1 deal $975 ($487.50 per person). And, Upgrade to deluxe ocean front junior suite for only $105.

I can't travel at last minute like this, wish I could take advantage of this.

rayandpam
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey Denise,

Saw that in a Maduro Travel email, looks good but wrong time of year for us, we prefer Sept-Oct. We got the same deal in a Deluxe Oceanview room for the end of Sept last year but for $818.00 for two. Problem was airfaire was $1000 each from Tulsa in August when we booked the Capt Don special and with only a month before travel we went with it. This year we've already got the flights at $645 each for two weeks Sept 22 to Oct 6 and are just waiting for the Capt Don special to be offered again at that time.
We had never been on a boat dive before last year but are looking forward to it this year. All our boat dives were in places we couldn't reach from shore like Klein Bonaire and Rapella on Bonaire. We still did some of our favorite shore dives in the evening like Karpata and Ol Blue and the house reef was surprisingly good especially at rush hour.

RandyBear
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
We found flying out of Oklahoma City was alot cheaper that Tulsa even though we live near Tulsa. Our best friend owns a restaurant in Bonaire and we stay at his house. When you are in Bonaire, hope you can go to Richards Restaurant.
Randy Bear
Haskell, Ok

Hey Denise,

Saw that in a Maduro Travel email, looks good but wrong time of year for us, we prefer Sept-Oct. We got the same deal in a Deluxe Oceanview room for the end of Sept last year but for $818.00 for two. Problem was airfaire was $1000 each from Tulsa in August when we booked the Capt Don special and with only a month before travel we went with it. This year we've already got the flights at $645 each for two weeks Sept 22 to Oct 6 and are just waiting for the Capt Don special to be offered again at that time.
We had never been on a boat dive before last year but are looking forward to it this year. All our boat dives were in places we couldn't reach from shore like Klein Bonaire and Rapella on Bonaire. We still did some of our favorite shore dives in the evening like Karpata and Ol Blue and the house reef was surprisingly good especially at rush hour.

grunt
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Small world; I grew up in Enid and have stayed at the villa directly next door to Richard's for the last six years.
Richard is a prince!

Paul
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Richard is the Best! He is our good friend also. We also stay at his house when we're there. His restaurant is one of the best on the island. Make sure you're there for sunset.

stretch
03-13-2012, 09:38 PM
We agree, Richard's restaurant is the best. Sitting on the pier is the best
and he doesn't charge any more for the best seat in the world.

RandyBear
03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Richard and I ski patroled in Stowe, Vermont. I was a ski patrol at Mount Mansfield for 28 years, I met an Oklahoma gal and relocated to Oklahoma to be near the grandchildren. Love Bonaire!

rayandpam
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Wish my best friend lived on Bonaire. We've always read good things about Richards here, think he's just south of Carib Inn and has a table at the end of a pier? But we hardly ever eat out, other than KFC a few times and pizza at Capt Dons we've probably only ate at two other places in like five trips.

RandyBear
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Richard just called me to wish A Happy St. Patrick's Day.....Wish I was in Bonaire to celebrate with him....Great to talk with you Captain (Rich)!!! Randy Bear