PDA

View Full Version : Divi Divi Baggage Charges

Scotttyd
03-06-2012, 08:56 PM
What can I expect as far as excess baggage charges when flying Divi Divi
I will have one main checked bag (probably will keep under 44lbs per their website to avoid charges)
A hardside (seahorse case) for my camera - probably 15 lbs? (my "personal item" on AA)
A rolling carry on - 25 lbs?

susan
03-07-2012, 08:10 AM
I suggest you write them in advance and tell them your luggage requirements, so they can plan. The planes are loaded to maximum weight and then anything over will come on a later flight. This might be important, especially if you are flying back on them and want your luggage to fly with you on your connecting plane, in which case, they might suggest you drop off bags at the airport earlier than your flight so they can go on an emptier plane. Usually, as long as you communicate your needs to them, Divi Divi will do their utmost to try to accommodate you. If you are on a plane with lots of tourists, then everyone will have too much luggage. If you are on a plane with mostly locals going back and forth, then normally it's not an issue.

jimw
03-10-2012, 10:23 AM
We used Divi from Curaco to Bon and return last September. It went well, but I like the suggestion to email them your requirements. I had a 44 lb dive bag along with a 16 lb carryon and a laptop--all the luggage went with us. I expect only because all the other passengers were locals with nearly no luggage.

phelana
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
know that if the flight is overweight, your luggage may come on the next flight..it's a little hastle because you have to have someone from Divi let you in the baggage area to claim your luggage..I have waited a little too long a few times...