PDA

View Full Version : Best Way of finding United flights to BON

tschamp
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
It's not Continental (CO) anymore, it's United (UA); Continental's website is even gone.
Red-eye flights from EWR and IAH to BON still exist on various weekend dates, but can you FIND them?
And if PRICE matters, can you compare dates coming & going?
Both Kayak.com and the United website itself seem to be useless for this.

Fortunately the Matrix airfare search does just what we want:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Questions like whether both EWR and IAH flights are available and which of the two weekend days they fly are easy to answer. I use it to show me available flight options for an entire month...

Rog Karen
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I just went into the UA website and put in Friday, March 9 LAX/BON and return March 17 BON/LAX - no problem. It brought up flights from LAX to IAH and the flight from IAH to BON without hesitation. :)

tschamp
03-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I just went into the UA website and put in Friday, March 9 LAX/BON and return March 17 BON/LAX - no problem. It brought up flights from LAX to IAH and the flight from IAH to BON without hesitation. :)
Well yes, you HAVE to go to the UA website to buy the tickets, once you have exact details, but if you wanted to return on Sun 3/18, is that an option?
And where I am (Boston), either EWR or IAH is a possible connection, so what options do I have there?
Bit easier to see it all at once...

Rog Karen
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes, it is an option to return on Sunday, I put in the date of Sunday, March 18 and it brought up BON/IAH/BOS