PDA

View Full Version : store hours

LoriannCM
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
We will be arriving in Bonaire on Thursday around 5:30. We were concerened because we noticed that the grocery stores close at 6pm. We will need to p.u. our rental car, get luggage. We realize we might not make it to the store before 6.....will anyplace be open to get a case of beer (most important for my husband) & water? We are staying at Bonaire seaside apartments so anything close would be great.

jkehnle
02-29-2012, 08:17 AM
"Water?!?" Harumph!

We were told that the new supermarket is open until 8:00 every evening. As you drive toward town from the airport, you come to a round-about. Take the first exit (east, I think) and drive about 500 yards. The new place (and it is truly fabs! in our humble estimation) will be on your left. There is plenty of parking outside, and plenty of good stuff inside.

LoriannCM
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you! We are so excited about this trip!!!

BonnieC
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
You will find (I hope) that you do not need to buy water on Bonaire. The water from the desalinezation plant is the safest and best tasting water anywhere.

jkehnle
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I second that. Stock up on beer, diet coke, salsa and chips, beef jerky, Coco Puffs, and other essentials instead. :cheers:

wwguy
03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
We will be arriving in Bonaire on Thursday around 5:30. We were concerened because we noticed that the grocery stores close at 6pm. We will need to p.u. our rental car, get luggage. We realize we might not make it to the store before 6.....will anyplace be open to get a case of beer (most important for my husband) & water? We are staying at Bonaire seaside apartments so anything close would be great.

Zhung Kong market in Hato (just north of Buddy Dive & Habitat) is open until 8:30PM. They usually have better prices for beer than Tweel's or Warehouse. If memory serves (which occurs less frequently each year) last winter we paid $29/case for Polar at Khung Kong vs. $33 at Warehouse.

For anyone stumbling across this thread later, grocery store hours are posted here (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=bt_faq#faq_grocery_hours).