PDA

View Full Version : Starting from Seattle

judyphelps
02-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I am having a hard time finding flights from Seattle that don't connect through Amsterdam! Would somebody recommend some itineraries and airlines to look at?. Orbitz, Expedia are not cooperating. Thanks.

judyphelps
02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I think I just answered my own question. Looking at Continental through Houston.

grunt
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Look to be sure that you departure is listed as being on Friday.

judyphelps
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Grunt but any special reason to select Friday? I'm finding a decent flight on Saturday, red-eye to Bonaire arriving Sunday morning.

scubaliz
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Having traveled the SEA-BON route many, many times....

I can tell you that Continental via Houston is the most humane connection, even though it is a red-eye from HOU-BON. They used to offer both a Friday or Saturday departure from HOU-BON during high season. No idea if they still do that on both days.

You can also go SEA-ATL-BON on Delta, but it requires an overnight in ATL, I believe, due to the flight schedule from SEA-ATL.

Finally, you can do SEA-MIA-CUR-BON using a US airline to MIA, then catching Insel from MIA for the remainder.

There are probably other airlines through Aruba, but Continental and Delta are the most direct to Bonaire.

Hope this helps.

jkehnle
02-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi, Judy --

I just checked Continental's website and found this. I arbitrarily chose April 6 -April 14 as possible dates.

Seattle-Houston CO 1581
Houston-Bonaire CO 1402 (the infamous red-eye you read about so much on BT)

Bonaire-Houston CO 1401
Houston-Seattle CO 1662

A couple of notes:

When you check Continental's website for the RETURN trip, keep scrolling down. The first half dozen options require a plane change in Denver. The direct flight is later in the day, but gives you a comfortable 4 hour layover in Houston. Not bad -- nice restaurants and shops, etc., besides relieving you of the PITA experience of three different flights on your return trip.

Also, don't get frustrated. As Scubaliz points out, you have to be selective about days. For Continental flights, try leaving Seattle on a Friday and returning either on Saturday or Sunday.

I also checked Delta -- Saturday to Saturday, April 7 - April 14

Seattle - Atlanta DL2188
Atlanta - Bonaire DL 663

Bonaire - Atlanta DL 662
Atlanta - Seattle DL 2339

Again, a couple of notes:

The Delta flights were $300 more than the Continental flights

If you look at Delta, watch layover times VERY carefully. Those of us on the right coast or (like me in Ohio, in the flyover zone) find the connection for the
Bonaire flight to be perilously close. Again, as Scubaliz points out, if you're not comfortable with the connection time, go to Atlanta on Friday and spend the
night at Hartsfield Airport.

Anyway -- good hunting. Let us know how it turns out...

Nick F
02-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Try this: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ most, but not all, airlines are on it.

Flyinv
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Look on http://www.kayak.com/

You should be able to find flights that connect thru Houston Texas -- 2 - four hour flight segments and a layover that isn't too bad and your in Bonaire!