PDA

View Full Version : Snorkelling at Klein Bonaire

deancitraveller
02-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I see there are water taxis to Klein Bonaire and am wondering if you can snorkel from the shore of Klein Bonaire?
If so,is it drift snorkelling and if so how do you get back to the point you started from?
Which side of the island is best for snorkelling?
How far out from the shore are the reefs?
Do you have to book the water taxi in advance?
Thanks in advance for any info.

DiverVince
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Sure you can snorkel from the shore at Klein. The water taxi will drop you off at "no name" beach. The reef is approx 20 yards offshore from there. I would suggest that you try to book a trip on the Woodwind to really experience the snorkeling at Klein. Well worth the additional $$.
www.woodwindbonaire.com/

jkehnle
02-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Vince. When you said on the Woodwind, you have your return trip waiting for you -- you don't have to wait for the water taxi. Besides, the ambience is better, the people are fun, and (at least the last time we sailed) the food and drinks are good as well.

Patsy
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I agree about an outing on the Woodwind. Klein Bonaire--so near and yet so far away. Just for the peace of mind, I'd go for an everything-covered excursion. Earlier I started this thread in Trip Reports:

http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?72092-Patsy-and-Ralph-Day-4 (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?72092-Patsy-and-Ralph-Day-4)

Regards...Patsy ><((((o>

ModCecil
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Agree on the Woodwind,that is the best. But if you do the water taxi...

The taxi will drop you off around the circle, walk south along the shore line and look for a break in the reef, swim out and drift back, repeat as necessary.

ModCecil
02-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh and bring lots of water and sun block.

johnorman
06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the pics and great information. I'll be diving/snorkeling Bonaire for the 1st time 7/28-8/12. I've been there 1000 times via the internet. Only 51 more days to see it first hand!

george and judy
06-07-2012, 11:54 AM
The advantage of the Woodwind is the expertise of Dee and her crew. They will point out things you will not see on your own. Also, they know the fish and sea life and can give you a first class education as well as a fun trip. Last January we noted some water taxi folks at No Name Beach for a very long time waiting for their return trip: tough if you have had too much sun