PDA

View Full Version : Condition of Park Roads?

hallerdodd
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Has anyone been to Washington Park recently who can report on the condition of the roads?

ModFreddie
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
haven't been up to the park but if our road is any indication then there is 4 inches of mud to contend with... Anyone else that can say for sure how the roads are?????

Bill K
01-25-2012, 12:42 PM
We were there in mid-December and drove the long route. Outer coastal side seemed pretty good, but there were some puddles on the way back. My memory from several years ago is that the first part of the short route is badly rutted. Be sure you have a truck and not some tiny car. Enjoy.

stretch
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
We were in the park last week. The roads are very bumpy and you have to go slow. A truck is a must I would say.
There is a restaurant open and it looked very good and probably 20 people were there eating. All in all we thought the roads would be
worse.

Julia
01-26-2012, 05:27 AM
We ate at the restaurant in the park and thought it was a bit expensive until we got the meal. The portions were generous and delicious. No more warm sandwiches from a cooler for us.

coldwaterlloyd
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
That is a bonus , restaurant in the park !
Would certainly change my thoughts on a days diving up there .
Not trying to change topic but is there any truth to the rumour Shore Diving Made Easy has been revised and released ?

Vino
01-29-2012, 05:49 PM
We drove the park road (short route) three times between January 7th and 21st...once during a significant rain. They were a little bumpy and slightly slippery (when wet), but we made it through without issue. Not as bad as we expected them to be.