PDA

View Full Version : continental checked bags

hank
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
When leaving Bonaire I have never been charged for checked bags on Continental.
Do they still have the same policy..... have not flown in a year.

DiveSergeant
01-22-2012, 11:43 PM
We just looked this up on their website. The answer depends upon your destination and when you bought your tickets. Go to continental.com, click on baggage fees and there will be a chart. At the top of the chart are links to two other charts that might apply based on when the tickets were bought.

hank
01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Has anyone left the island on Continental recently??.... like this year.
Did the ticket agents ask you to pay for checked bags??

brenda
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes, and no.

Oh, 1 heads up. On our departure day, people were buying coffee and bottled drinks from the airport cafe (15' away from the gate), to take on the plane. The gate agents were taking all the beverages away, not allowed to board with them. Save your $.

hank
01-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I still dont know..... must be my English.... can anyone help out here..... thanks.

brenda
01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Try again......

Yes we were on and left Bonaire this month, Jan/12.

No, we weren't charged for our checked bags.

hank
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Thank you Brenda.
English is not my first language.

DiveSergeant
01-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Thank you Brenda.
English is not my first language.

No worries, your English is actually quite good! Better than many of the reports I read at work!
DS

brenda
01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Glad to help, Hank!

It never occurred to me that English wasn't your 1st language, so concise, sorry for the confusion with my 1st, too brief reply.

Have a wonderful trip......

CaptNick
01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
End of December flying in we paid online for checked in luggage (and I think we saved few bucks). Flying out in January they did not charge us at all. Mind you the flight was delayed some 8 hours and gave us a room at Divi, breakfast and lunch... Now that's service......

DonnaMarie
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM
We just came back from Bonaire this past Saturday. Continental didn't charge us for either of our bags, but they were each under 50 lbs.
BTW: the airport at 5 a.m. was total chaos. There are two flights leaving within an hour or so of each other, one to Houston and one to Newark. For the first hour that we were in line, there were only 2 ticket agents working, which was crazy. There was a major backup just getting through Security, and we barely made it into the waiting area before our flight began boarding.

tschamp
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
BTW: the airport at 5 a.m. was total chaos. There are two flights leaving within an hour or so of each other...
Chaos sounds about right. Similarly around 2 PM on Saturdays when Delta, KLM, and ArkeFly are all preparing to leave at the same time.
This is why I now enjoy my mid-week flights via Curacao sooo much...

bmrjensed
02-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Ok so we left 1/20 out of Houston, continental said it is considered a Caribbean island, so 25$ for each checked bag that we paid for. Departed from Bonaire 1/28, we were told from the counter that it is an International flight and no charge for checked bags, so the return was no charge. I am planning on calling Continental tomorrow, will let you know their response.

hank
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Ok so we left 1/20 out of Houston, continental said it is considered a Caribbean island, so 25$ for each checked bag that we paid for. Departed from Bonaire 1/28, we were told from the counter that it is an International flight and no charge for checked bags, so the return was no charge. I am planning on calling Continental tomorrow, will let you know their response.

If the Bonaire ticket agents do not charge you for checked bags, I would not ask Continental about this...... leave well enough alone..... this is not nickels and dimes.
USA to any Caribbean island, Continental will charge for checked bags.
If the return to the USA is considered international by Bonaire..... so be it.

ModFreddie
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
we have a continential/United rewards card. not only do you not pay for your first piece of luggage{or my husbands} but you also accrue mileage if you belong to their mileage program :)