PDA

View Full Version : Sand Dollar - Best Views

kusnorkel
01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
For those of you who have stayed at the Sand Dollar Condos, which unit/building is the closest to the water, offering the best views of the ocean? My husband and I have never stayed somewhere where we could afford ocean views and I am really looking forward to it. We only need a Studio or one bedroom.

Also, is there an advantage/disadvantage to booking through VRBO versus the Sand Dollar management?

Thank you for your responses!

DiverVince
01-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Well as someone who advertises on VRBO, generally speaking by booking through them, you will probably be dealing directly with the owner of the condo you have chosen. Additionally, from what I understand some owners do give discounts in an effort to fill their units while the management probably would not. Having said that, please note that I have absolutely no connection to any of the owners nor the Sand Dollar management team. My recommendation however is to take your time, ask questions & choose wisely since your spending a good deal of money on your vacation. Enjoy your stay!

billmosel
01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
As what Vince said, VRBO is the way I always go. You will find quite a few on this site. I have always found that by doing ala cart I have saved $. I have always gotten a good price by dealing directly with the owner.

As far as the view is concerned find a unit on the 2nd floor. A studio unit that I can recommend is A4. They are on VRBO. I haven't stayed in that unit but have been inside a few times and is very nice and the owners are equally as nice. The unit is only steps away from Bari Reef and BDA.

DiveSergeant
01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
As what Vince said, VRBO is the way I always go. You will find quite a few on this site. I have always found that by doing ala cart I have saved $. I have always gotten a good price by dealing directly with the owner.

As far as the view is concerned find a unit on the 2nd floor. A studio unit that I can recommend is A4. They are on VRBO. I haven't stayed in that unit but have been inside a few times and is very nice and the owners are equally as nice. The unit is only steps away from Bari Reef and BDA.

We'll be in A4 in a few months. We booked directly with the owners, Laura and Vann. They have been fabulous; quick replies to our emails, tons of helpful island info and recommendations on truck rentals, shopping and dive outfits.

Though we've only seen pictures of their condo, it looks to be in great condition and to have a great view.

DS

dive junkies
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
we have stayed at sand dollar four times in the last two years. always in unit a-03. as it's on the first floor and has easy access to bda. we used vrbo to find this unit, now we work directly with the owners.

Lori
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
All the buildings at Sand Dollar have ocean views. The buildings are labeled A, B, C, D, E, and F with Building A being the closest to the dive operator, Bonaire Dive and Adventure (BDA), and Building F being the farthest. I don't feel that any one building has a "better" ocean view, however, we have stayed in Buildings A and B and both are super convenient to BDA. Here is a diagram of the property for you (double-click on image for larger view):

Nina Orlando
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the diagram Lori! That is very helpful. :-)

All the buildings at Sand Dollar have ocean views. The buildings are labeled A, B, C, D, E, and F with Building A being the closest to the dive operator, Bonaire Dive and Adventure (BDA), and Building F being the farthest. I don't feel that any one building has a "better" ocean view, however, we have stayed in Buildings A and B and both are super convenient to BDA. Here is a diagram of the property for you (double-click on image for larger view):