PDA

View Full Version : Caribe Car Rental Reviews Please

TropicalSnorkel
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Folks. We like AB car rental, but since they don't take American Express it increases the price because we have to pay the $11 a day for insurance vs a one time $25 added insurance available through Amex.

We are considering Caribe Car Rental because they do take Amex (although at a 8% surcharge). But it still ends up being a much better price when considering the insurance charges saved.

So does anyone have any experience with Caribe Car Rental? We cannot find any reviews.

Thanks so much!

(We are also considering Telerin, but have seen tons of great reviews for them already. They are just a bit more expensive.)

CaptNick
01-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I have rented from them for th elast 3 trips. Last time, he upgraded us to a newer, better one without even asking for it. On multiple rents, we even got a preferred rate without asking for it. He has been very accomodating to odd hour rental and drop offs. and no surcharges etc... perhaps use my name as a reference and I get even better rate next time!!!!!! :-)

So, yes, from my 3 positive experiences, I would recommend Caribe Rental.

TropicalSnorkel
01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks. We have since heard back from them. They said they really don't want to take American Express, and will charge 10% if they must use it. And they also require the CDW insurance, which defeats the purpose of using the Amex option.

Tom
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't go wrong with Poppy/Telerin...