PDA

View Full Version : Residency Application

LouiseH
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Could anybody recommend someone on the island who can advice and assist with residency applications. My husband and I are hoping to move to the Island this summer and intend to submit our residency applications on our next trip in March. My husband is a 53 year old retired police officer with a pension income. Apart from our joint savings account, I won't have an income and will be financially supported by my husband. We have purchased a plot in Sabadeco and are in the process of having our home built. Any contacts or advise would be appreciated.

MikeTruesdell
01-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey Louise
We too are building in Sabadeco at the present. Cindy my wife is filing for residency in March during our visit. I will send you the information we have recieved from contacts on the island. There are a few comments in an earlier post by Vince that are very helpfull.

LouiseH
01-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Mike
Where in Sabadeco are you building, we're on the terrace?
We've printed off the English version of the application form but it created as many questions for us as it answered!
Have you had any advise on how to satisfy the criteria for value of home when it's a building project?
Thanks, Louise

MikeTruesdell
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey Louise
We are building on lot 23 of the Terrace. The building was to start this week. Cindy has started on her reisidency this week. The time consuming part seems to be the apostille filing required on a few documents. We spent a little time with Bruce Z on the island last trip and well worth it. From my understanding of the new value of home , it will be taken from the builders invoice plus materials supplied by you. Fill free to p-m me and get my contact numbers.

sorobonanne
01-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi < I was interested in the post by Vince , but I can not find it ....I am new on this board . Where do I find it ?
Thanks, Anne

Hey Louise
We too are building in Sabadeco at the present. Cindy my wife is filing for residency in March during our visit. I will send you the information we have recieved from contacts on the island. There are a few comments in an earlier post by Vince that are very helpfull.

ModRoy
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi < I was interested in the post by Vince , but I can not find it ....I am new on this board . Where do I find it ?
Thanks, Anne

Hi Anne,

I think this is the thread/post that is being referred to - from July 2011 - Residency (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?70909-Residency)

sorobonanne
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Thank you :)

Hi Anne,

I think this is the thread/post that is being referred to - from July 2011 - Residency (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?70909-Residency)