View Full Version : Filing Dutch Tax Return

01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
We have a undeveloped lot on Bonaire we purchased several years ago. I recently received a blank tax return to file for the 2010 tax year. The form is in Dutch. Unfortunately I can't read it. I assume for income generated from the property. Could someone give me an idea where to find this form in English or how to proceed to be sure I get this filed correctly.


01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
If the can copy/paste the text into Google Translate (translate.google.com), you should be able to read it. Of course it would be best to have the form in English but I can't help there.

01-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Kyle..Personally I don't think they have the form in English. We use a local accountant (Brandaris) to process our Bonaire income tax returns. I would suggest you use someone local who knows the system & procedures.

01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I have to fill in a US tax return ....
Although I can read English I use a specialist to process it.
I agree with Vince of having someone local to do it on Bonaire.

01-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Kyle, If the form is 2010 aangiftebiljet B inkomstenbelating, you just need to sign and date it on pg 1. there is a place on the back inside pg for comments you could state that its a undevelped lot and no income to report.

J Brown
05-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I received the same form some time ago. Unfortunately you cannot cut and paste the hard copy they send you. The google or bing translator cannot read a scanned PDF either. I manually typed the form into the translator. Seahorserancher is correct depending on the form you received. You should have gotten two - an income form and and property tax form. Neither is difficult to work with once you translate it out. Its just a little time consuming to do it by hand.

05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Can you share the blank you typed in?

J Brown
05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I did not save a hard copy of my translation.

petri hausmann
05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
you can obtain a Dutch/English tax form at the tax center located in the RCN building in downtown Kralendijk.. it is probably available on-line as when I requested this form it was downloaded and printed for me. A request from you to the RCN for this form would seem the way to go. Also, if you have little information to fill in, short forms are available. The tax department also provides help with the forms and will fill them out with you with no charge. Now that Bonaire is 100% Dutch .. delay with your tax can lead to problems. Good luck.

J Brown
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Do you know the website address? I have never been able to find one or any forms online.

05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Maybe these dutch/english forms will be of help:


There are long and short versions.

you can also find some explanatory notes on differtent tax subjects.

Have fun.

I recently read in a dutch article that when you are incorporated you do not pay corporation tax on Bonaire.
This is to attract investors.
It has to have a substance, it cannot be financially only.

J Brown
05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I was unable to open a page using the link provided by smits. Anyone have any luck using it? Im stateside but that shouldnt matter. It just gives me the constant spinning internet icon with a blank page.

05-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Just try again later.
Their website is having some problems.
I cannot open the page either at this moment.
That has happened several times today.

05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I tried and the link works fine now

petri hausmann
05-12-2012, 09:16 AM
www.belastingdienst-cn.nl this address provided in the english language pamphlet on Inkombelasting "for specific aspects or questions , contact should be made with the Belastingdienst/Caribisch Netherland'"at the address above.