PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions insel from charllote - and runway renovations

Scotttyd
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Its been almost a year since I have been to Bonaire - a couple of questions.
When taking Insel from CLT to Bon with the layover in Cur - one option lists a 40 min layover - I am assuming that is likely not possible to make your connecting? or is it not as complicated since you are not leaving Insel Air?

Also - are the runway repairs complete that were closing down the airport at 7:30?

SkyQueen
01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I have taken Insel from MIA to BON with a stop in CUR. For those flights 40 minutes is enough time. You get off the plane, pay a $2 transit fee, go through a security check point that is only for transit passengers and that is it. It takes 5-10 minutes max.

Runway repairs appeared to be complete when I was there in December.

Gotta Fly :cool:
SkyQueen

Desertdiver
01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
We did the CLT to BON in December. Insel had the connecting flight waiting for us so it left late as well. Our initial flight from CLT to CUR left 40 minutes late though.
THe airport in Bonaire is bragging about the runway. It is finished.
Robert

scubaliz
01-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Having just taken the CLT-CUR-BON route this past Wednesday, I can tell you that Insel is pretty consistent in late departures. We left CLT 45 minutes late and Insel "held" our connecting flight in CUR to accommodate us. LOL. The CUR-BON flight that was supposed to leave at 7:45 p.m., ended up going at 10:15, despite all of us from the CLT flight arriving at the gate by 8:30. I'd say pack a lot of patience in your carry on for this route.

Insel really is my last choice for US-BON travel. Give me the Continental red eye via HOU any day.

ChrisR
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I saw this flight option also and had my own reservations about it.... It IS the easiest and cheapest option for me (flying out of BHM). But, while that may be plenty of time to make the connection, it seems like kind of a tight window for your bags to make it with you. Getting to Bonaire without my gear would be like going to a strip club without cash, I'd have to sit back and watch everybody else having all the fun. Lucky for me I'm right at a 2 hr drive from ATL so I'm just gonna take Delta's direct flight.

Dive Biddie
01-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Am trying the Insel Feb 18. Friends of mine took Insel out of Miami and were very satisfied. Looking forward to trying this Insel. Half the price of the Delta and more convenient for me. Not worried about the CUR short layover. Have been through it with DAE.

gman
02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Be sure to book your flights with a long connection time in CLT. We left CUR 2 1/2 hours late due to a mechanical problem. They finally got it fixed, but by the time we got to CLT, I saw a lot of folks at the USAir Special Services desk trying to get rebooked. It sounds like a pain -- but a 3-4 hour layover beats getting to CLT late and having to fly home the next day.

Dive Biddie
02-14-2012, 02:35 AM
Thankfully, I drive to CLT. If this works out it will be a great new find. Always had to fly from CLT to ATL to get the Delta, or go to Aruba and come over on DAE. This CLT-CUR-BON sounds great in theory. Will find out this Saturday!