PDA

View Full Version : Windsock Apartments - How are the cooking facilities?

handben
12-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I will be on the island in about 6 weeks for a week and plan on doing most of the cooking in the apartment. Though we'll probably have a few evening meals out. I am wondering how well are these apartments stocked? Specifically, should I bring down my own non-stick frying pan? I usually bring my own kitchen knife as I rarely find a sharp knife in rental kitchens. Also is there a grill available on the premises? I'd hate to bring down some frozen meat and not be able to put them on the grill.

Any other experiences, tips, or suggestions about this property would be appreciated. Thanks. Ben

fraserfraser
12-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Ben,
nothing to add as have never stayed but please leave a report as I am very interested in someday maybe staying here.
doesn't seem to be a place where many have stayed before, atleast on this board.

handben
12-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Bob,
I couldn't find much information either. The only reviews that I could find were in Dutch on Tripadvisor. I did get an answer though from the management about the cooking facilities. Apparently there are grills by the pool. He said the pots and pans are in good shape but if I want to be sure to bring my own skillet (which I often do, along with a sharp knife and spices). I will post a review here when I get back for the English speaking folks. Ben

fraserfraser
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
thanks Ben!
Bart and people at wannadive (owners of windsock apartments) are great. Well I have met bart and dove with him a few years ago, would gladly do it again.
its the reason I am interested in the apartments. again thanks Ben and looking forward to your comments/review.