PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on Bridanda apartments

zgirlla
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Looking for your experiences at Bridanda Apartments. Our first time to Bonaire.

We are Advanced divers looking for a package with car. They seem to have a great deal and a bungalow. Someone else recommended on the forum, just looking for some input.

PS we like quite, not party atmosphere. Going after xmas through 1st week of January.

Thanks!

Bill Thorpe
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
The Black Durgon is on the water, near Small Wall, not the newest, built in the 70's. You get breakfast and air, a very easy going place. It's always my first choice.
Any Bonaire lodging can be seen on google images.

Enjoy
Bill

zgirlla
12-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks bill I will check it out. But looking for input on Brindada Apartments. Have you stayed there?

susan
12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi, I had a walk-through of the property back in October, and I have to say I was favorably impressed. Of course, walking through the property isn't the same as staying there, but it had a nice feel. The owners are gracious and accommodating, and the bungalows had nice little luxurious touches which added to the comfortable feeling. If you are leaning toward this property, I don't think you will be disappointed.

wwguy
12-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Bridanda Apartments is a new property, which just opened this fall, so there may not be many BT members who have stayed there. (The property was still under construction during our trip last Christmas.)

Bonaire is a quiet island in general, and this location is in a fairly quiet location. The biggest noisemakers this time of year, all over the island, will likely be the fireworks enjoyed by the locals. They often go off all night long, reaching a crescendo on New Years Eve and continuing until dawn. Bring your earplugs and a smile.

Not sure if you've seen them yet, but there are several reviews of Bridanda Apartments on TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147267-d2322492-Reviews-Bridanda_Apartments_Bonaire-Bonaire.html). Some of them are in Dutch, so you may need some translation help from Google.

zgirlla
12-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks so much! I have seen the reviews on Tripadvisor and there is a great translator right next to the quote... just a note for anyone else reading this post. Very handy.