PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up & Commentary, Issue With Service At Buddy Dive

G Wilgus
12-04-2011, 11:51 AM
All:

I don't like to leave things hanging, whether good or bad.

Heard back from Augusto at Buddy. They were hit with a double whammy, being booked up that week and having a filling system go down during the power spike and outage we experienced. He has offered very, very, generous compensation, but I will be suggesting to him that I'm only interested in a portion that I feel is fair.

Y'know, were I provided the info and at least given some consideration at the time, I would probably been more inclined to go with the flow . . . just sayin'.

And, there still is the issue of non-certified divers pulling EAN. And, yes, I observed trucks with the white, not yellow, cards loading NITROX. One would think a PADI 4-star resort would be aware of basic safety issues.

I saw the posting about luggage. Traveling frequently for work and pleasure I have had lost luggage, probably more due to the goons at TSA rather than handling at my destination and it can be frustrating, especially with coffee - sugar - and no sleep. I consider it decent service when it can be gotten back to me in 24 hours. But, to all you travelers out there; AVOID MIAMI if you value your luggage.

Anyway, to sum up. I'm satisfied with the response.

Love Water
12-04-2011, 01:07 PM
All:

I don't like to leave things hanging, whether good or bad.

Heard back from Augusto at Buddy. They were hit with a double whammy, being booked up that week and having a filling system go down during the power spike and outage we experienced. He has offered very, very, generous compensation, but I will be suggesting to him that I'm only interested in a portion that I feel is fair.

Y'know, were I provided the info and at least given some consideration at the time, I would probably been more inclined to go with the flow . . . just sayin'.

And, there still is the issue of non-certified divers pulling EAN. And, yes, I observed trucks with the white, not yellow, cards loading NITROX. One would think a PADI 4-star resort would be aware of basic safety issues.

I saw the posting about luggage. Traveling frequently for work and pleasure I have had lost luggage, probably more due to the goons at TSA rather than handling at my destination and it can be frustrating, especially with coffee - sugar - and no sleep. I consider it decent service when it can be gotten back to me in 24 hours. But, to all you travelers out there; AVOID MIAMI if you value your luggage.

Anyway, to sum up. I'm satisfied with the response.
Yes Avoid MIAMI at ALL COST:mad:

coldwaterlloyd
12-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes Avoid MIAMI at ALL COST:mad:
I thought it was just me ...

tursiops
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I thought it was just me ...
No, it's me, too.

wwguy
12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
No, it's me, too.

... and me too.

But I still prefer a direct flight to BON from any US city over flights requiring connections on other islands. I tried AUA, CUR, and MBJ before I finally learned this wasn't for me.

Maybe my perspective will change when I retire. :GAC:

BrianL
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Same from Europe flights from AMS to BON are ok even with stops on route, but changes add too much time and more chance your bags don't make it.

Dr Mike
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I am at Buddy Dive this week. So far plenty of full nitrox tanks.

DiveSergeant
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
No, it's me, too.

...and Mrs DS and I, too!

RosAnne
12-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Hmmmm.....maybe call it lucky but I have flown through Miami many, many times enroute to Bonaire and other destinations and never have had a single problem (now having said that im doomed! Lol) San Juan airport has always been my trouble spot.....missing luggage, luggage gone through and things missing and one time someone elses things in my bag when I arrived at my destination! This trip from Bonaire we were in and out of customs and immigration in less than 20 minutes in Miami!

tschamp
12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Sadly, it's not possible to get to BON via CUR on AA w/o going via MIA.
MIA's not my favorite airport, but nothing's gone missing there...yet...