PDA

View Full Version : Bonaire Exclusive Bungalows?

southbound
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Has anyone stayed at Bonaire Exclusive Bungalows?

smits
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Yes, I stayed in nr 23 and liked it a lot.
good service too.

southbound
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
The park does seem well-managed, and the prices appear reasonable. We are staying in 7a for two weeks in March. Can't wait!

hallerdodd
12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
We stay there every February for a month. This will be our fourth year there. Can't beat the price. Each bungalow is privately owned, so they are all a bit different. Almost everyone staying there is Dutch, but we have never felt unwelcome as Americans. One thing we especially appreciate is the cross-ventilation. The bungalows are designed to catch the breezes, and we've almost never needed to use the AC. Each room has a powerful ceiling fan and windows on two walls. We've also stayed at Golden Reef Inn, Happy Holiday Homes, and Diver's Paradise in the past. Bonaire Exclusive is our favorite. It is a quiet atmosphere, as many of the guests are retired. It is also a great place for bird watching, as many of the bungalows have gardens that attract all sorts of birds. Wifi is available for a fee. The price varies with the number of hours purchased and is cheaper if paid before your arrival. The signal quality is a function of distance from the base station, and we found it helpful to buy an antenna booster. We were staying at about the maximum distance from the base station.

southbound
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, I noticed that all of the reviews on their website were in Dutch (thank you Google for translating). No reviews were available on Trip advisor, etc, but we rented a bungalow anyway in March, based mainly on budget, and the great reviews that we did read on the site. It was a good transaction with the owner/manager, and we are happy with the decision. Thanks for the reinforcement (and the wifi tip).

Trevor
01-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I have frequently stayed at Bonaire Exclusief in 19a or 20. I love it. Convenient for a walk to the town, yet still a quiet location. I have always met friendly people, but not all are divers.

zgirlla
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM
We stayed there over New Years for 12 day into Jan 2012. I would not totally recommend it. And #11 is not in great shape. Furniture is falling apart. Leather couch is disintegrating.

The price is good and I would stay there again in a different house and if they get their security and cleaning problem rectified. They informed me recently that they are on top of the cleaning problem but have to plans to change security.

The island itself has a pretty crime problem, not their fault, but Exclusive is a target and there where many thefts while we stayed there. They have no full time manager that lives on the property and it is not gated. Although it has a wall that surround it, the entrance is just a drive straight in. No security gate, as a lot of other properties on the island have. A neighbor had all their clothing stolen off the lines from their yard, while they slept at night. And another night an empty house was broken into and the bed was stolen.

Wifi only works at the pool area which is outside, no cover. So you are either unable to see you monitor in the sun light or you are sitting in the dark or it's raining on you. And you have to pay for this slow unusable wifi if you want it. If you stay in a house right by the pool you are good. Not that big a deal but they make it sound like you get wifi in the house, and you don't.

Yes people staying there where nice. Yes it's about 3 blocks from the sea and quiet.

hallerdodd
02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Be sure to carefully read the description of each bungalow and view the photos before making a reservation. Most, but not all, of the bungalows have hot water.

Trevor
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
TYhere are some nice properties there that hat the owners really care for. I will be back on 19 March until 2 May in 19a initially, then 20 when it becomes vacant.