PDA

View Full Version : Temp and vis for 10/28-11/5?

DiverGuy
10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi,
We're a group of 5 going to Bonaire this coming week - we're all looking forward to it!!
We're staying at Sand Dollar and will be using the local dive shop there - I emailed them and asked about water temp (we usually go in the summer so I wasn't sure of the water temp at this time of year...) and they said 85 degrees and 60-100ft vis. 85 degrees sounds kind of warm (not complaining thou!).. Can anyone confirm that temp?

/Mike

ModFreddie
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
that should be just about right Diver guy....... a little cooler than air temperature.... In Jan. when we go it is about 82 at its coolest....
Not sure about the viz as that can change daily........

Cecil
10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome to BT Mike. Well right now the web cams are saying 82 and 77 degrees, I suspect it's in the middle somewhere. 85 seems high to me, plan on the coldest and you should be good to go. Personally I think it's to cold and you should send your tickets to me to protect yourself.

DiverGuy
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Welcome to BT Mike. Well right now the web cams are saying 82 and 77 degrees, I suspect it's in the middle somewhere. 85 seems high to me, plan on the coldest and you should be good to go. Personally I think it's to cold and you should send your tickets to me to protect yourself.
Thanks for the info - yeah, 85 seemed a little high.
And thank you for your very generous offer to protect me from the cold :-) Fortunately, I have enough neoprene to make me look like the Michelin man so I should be fine...

/Mike