PDA

View Full Version : Voyager

Vino
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone have experience renting with Voyager?

I tried Telerin but they are booked up the two weeks we'll be on island, have used Budget but they require full payment at time of booking and I really don't like to prepay.

Voyager offered a good rate, and doesn't charge until picking up the vehicle.

Would appreciate any feedback and/or other recommendations.

Thanks,
Vino

RosAnne
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Vino, I havent used Voyager in years (I actually wasn't even sure if they were still in business!) anyway, they were fine when I did use them. I have also rented from Budget year after year and never once had to pre-pay! Are you sure they require that?

Vino
09-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I have also rented from Budget year after year and never once had to pre-pay! Are you sure they require that?

That is according to their website...I will email to verify.

wwguy
09-24-2011, 11:31 AM
That is according to their website...I will email to verify.

Like RosAnne, I've rented from Budget previously and never had to pre-pay. However, I've always made the reservation through the property where we stay (last year it was Happy Holiday Homes.)

I just took a quick look at the Budget website. It appears to me that the pre-pay requirement is for reservations made online via the website. Perhaps you might get different results if you call or email them?

PeterO
09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Vino. I have rented from Voyager Events for the last three years " one month each time" with no problems whatsoever. Dealing with John and Johannes have been perhaps the easiest car rentals I've had on Bonaire.

Julia
09-25-2011, 12:53 PM
We rent from Island rental and have always had excellent service. Taxi from airport to hotel to save the queues at the car rental booths in the middle of the night after the KLM flight. We get picked up from our hotel the next day and go to the office to do the paper work. Great stuff and no pre payment.

Vino
09-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the info, looks like we will be booking with Voyager, they have a great price and don't require prepayment. They have been really good at responding to emails, and their pricing is pretty straight forward.

Budget does in fact require full prepayment when booking online and they don't have tank racks, so two strikes against them (we did rent from them last July and tank racks were included, not sure why they changed).

99 days and counting...