PDA

View Full Version : September 24 to October 8 - dive buddies?

Tony
09-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

My wife and I are about to make our second trip. She snorkels but does not dive, so I'm hoping to find some partners. We're staying in Belnem and I will have a car or pickup. If you are in town and open to some company, please drop me a line.

thanks!
Tony

BillandDonna
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey Tony, what flight are you coming in on? Be happy to hook up with you for some diving...

We'll be at Paradise Moon restaurant Sunday evening at 6:30 - just ask Carl or Pam (owners) where Bill & Donna are...

ronindiana
09-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Bill and Donna, We are going to miss you by a week. Oct15th-29th. Well, maybe next year... Ron

BillandDonna
09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi Ron and Diane...

How are you guys! We sure miss seeing you in Bonaire. This is our first trip in two years (economy cancelled us last year). This year we just couldn't make it at our usual time for coral spawning, so we are going to miss you - darn!

Where are you guys staying this time? We're at Coral Paradise and they have worked out really well for us.

Maybe next year we'll catch you.

We know you will have a great trip.

Best regards,

b/d

Tony
09-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Hey Tony, what flight are you coming in on? Be happy to hook up with you for some diving...

We'll be at Paradise Moon restaurant Sunday evening at 6:30 - just ask Carl or Pam (owners) where Bill & Donna are...

Hi Bill and Donna, thanks very much for your reply - we're on the early early flight from Houston. 5:30 am - what are they thinking!

Anyway we will look for you Sunday evening. I will reply separately so we can touch base by email.

Tony

ronindiana
09-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Bill & Donna, We are in o'l #9 at BOA again. We like that place, and Dennis is gone, he went back to Holland with Tess to born a child. We go the last 2wks of May, and the last 2wks of Oct. for many years now...

HeyJude
09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Phil & Judy, SAT, arrive 24th for the week...CO from HOU...exit row...Habitat...6th trip in 17 yrs.
Both scheduled 1 tank in the morning, then shore diving rest of the day using truck. Want to do Slagbaai Park if possible.
Not needing dive buddies but welcome agreeable company if found.

Tony
09-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Phil & Judy, SAT, arrive 24th for the week...CO from HOU...exit row...Habitat...6th trip in 17 yrs.
Both scheduled 1 tank in the morning, then shore diving rest of the day using truck. Want to do Slagbaai Park if possible.
Not needing dive buddies but welcome agreeable company if found.

Hello Phil & Judy, thanks for your reply, I will email you separately. I would very much like to dive Slagbaai. Have you been to those sites before? I've seen cautions about currents (but I am a decent swimmer).

HeyJude
09-18-2011, 01:35 AM
It's been yrs since our last dlves at Slagbaai but I don't remember them being difficult. Once on the island we'll seek advise from knowledgable persons.

We have talked & will see you at IAH Friday evening.

Philip & Judy, SAT

HeyJude
09-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Other report mentioned rain on Sunday, Sept 18 & predicted mosquitos soon. Those of us visiting Sept 24-on might want to bring repellant.

HeyJude
09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Latest threat in the S Atlantic

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml