PDA

View Full Version : Typical Water temps and conditions in late December

alaskadiver
09-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Just curious about the typical water temperature and conditions on the southern sites (white slave, etc) during late December. Last trip we went during June. This year we're going for the last 2 weeks in December.

wwguy
09-13-2011, 07:29 PM
My Oceanic dive computer recorded late December water temps averaging 77 degrees in 2009 and 79 degrees in 2010.

Like the rest of the year, southern dive site visibility, ocean current, and the value of my retirement portfolio all depend on which way the wind is blowing.

alaskadiver
09-13-2011, 09:32 PM
My Oceanic dive computer recorded late December water temps averaging 77 degrees in 2009 and 79 degrees in 2010.

Like the rest of the year, southern dive site visibility, ocean current, and the value of my retirement portfolio all depend on which way the wind is blowing.

My retirement portfolio is stuck in wind tunnel with money blowing away from me...fast :-)

Thanks for the info. I'll be taking my 5mm and I wanted to make sure that the water temp didn't dip below 75 because then I'd need to take my drysuit. I'm not kidding.

wwguy
09-13-2011, 10:21 PM
My retirement portfolio is stuck in wind tunnel with money blowing away from me...fast :-)

Thanks for the info. I'll be taking my 5mm and I wanted to make sure that the water temp didn't dip below 75 because then I'd need to take my drysuit. I'm not kidding.

My wife has a motto: "80 & below... I don't go...", refering to air temperature, water temperature, and depth.

FWIW - She's been observed to reneging on all of these criteria over the years. :BB:

alaskadiver
09-13-2011, 11:31 PM
My wife has a motto: "80 & below... I don't go...", refering to air temperature, water temperature, and depth.

FWIW - She's been observed to reneging on all of these criteria over the years. :BB:

She's missing a lot of cool things below 100ft. Tell her to thrown on a drysuit she'll never even know she's underwater.