PDA

View Full Version : New Capt Don Accomodations

cardiackid
08-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Anybody stayed at the new Capt Don's places close to the dive shop (oceanfront junior suits).

Are they quiet? Nicely furnished? Any other thoughts?

Dave
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi, and welcome to Bonaire Talk.
I have stayed at Captains Dons for the last 4 years, we aways stay in the bungalows at the back of the complex, but our American friends who we dive with stayed in the new ocean front suites and liked them, they have views to die for and make the most of the sun setting across Klein Bonaire. they had two minor complaints, the stairs to the upstairs rooms are VERY slippy when wet so take care, also there was no bread toaster in the room, which they missed, otherwise they were delighted with the room. Hope this helps, if you need any thing more or have any specific questions just come back to me.

carter
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
We stayed at the Oasis cottages just like Dave but we did get to visit the new rooms. The view and the balcony awesome! Nice fan on the balcony for extra breeze. The rooms themselves are very modern; a clean look which gave a sense of quality . I understand the beds are imported from the states for extra comfort and better sleep. The LCD tv was of a good size. The kitchen area as well as the bathroom all looked very modern and clean. They lack the roominess of the cottages which is only natural but for a couple they are excellant They are located to the side of tank filling area which is actually a little distance (adequate) from the bar. There are also buildings in between so I assume they are quiet except for the daytime when divers will be going up and down with thier tanks. If this bothers you take a house a little further away (more north)

kob
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Cardiac Kid -- you gotta be a Browns fan !! :D:D

HeyJude
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
We just returned from a week in the new suites at Habitat, our 6th trip in 16 yrs.

The new suites are very nice, roomy with a very comfortable king size bed on one end & a queen pull out sofa on the other. The little kitchen is adequate...little frig, small microwave, sink & countertop. Enough for us to fix breakfast & lunches. We had good internet signal, big flat screen with many USA channels, think it was a Direct TV hookup. Plenty of storage space, little digital safe, very good AC. Bath supplies were wanting. They furnish little bars of bath soap but no shampoo.

We were upstairs, #38, had a huge balcony but view was blocked to the S due to ajoining suites. Only ones with wrap around views will the the two on either end that are closest to Klein.

Steps were tile but wider & better traction than the old Jr Suites by the pool. When they were wet you took your life in your hand going down.

We would certainly book these rooms again.