PDA

View Full Version : Continental Newark Schedule Change

Lori
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I just wanted to give anyone who is flying direct out of Newark to Bonaire a heads up. We have a booked trip in January 2012 and were to fly direct Newark to Bonaire on the Saturday 11:59 p.m. flight. On the return (Bonaire to Newark portion), we were to leave Bonaire on a Sunday at 7:00 a.m.

Our flights were recently changed by Continental as they are not flying the direct Newark to Bonaire/Bonaire to Newark on a Saturday/Sunday rotation (at least for our flight in January 2012) (however they are flying direct to Bonaire out of Houston Saturday evenings in January 2012). For our trip in January 2012, Continental is flying the direct Newark to Bonaire/Bonaire to Newark trip on a Friday/Saturday rotation.

In our case, Continental automatically changed our flights but they had us arriving in Newark on the return at a time after we were supposed to depart Newark for our home airport! In addition the connection time for flight arriving back in the states did not allow nearly enough time to clear customs and immigration before departing Newark for our home airport.

Continental did not give me any problems or charge a fee when calling to change our arrangements due to their schedule change. We changed our flights (at no charge) to now depart Newark for Bonaire on a Friday night. I am not sure whether the direct Newark/Bonaire Friday/Saturday rotation applies every week but if you were planning to fly direct to Bonaire from Newark, I advise that you check your reservation to determine if you have been rebooked by Continental as their choice of flights for you may not be desireable or even possible.

Bethy
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lori!

We were on the JAN 28th (SAT) Newark to Bonaire Flight...I checked our reservation after reading your post and our flight was also re-routed through Houston. I did not receive any notification of the change from Continental.

We were able to change our flight to Friday at no charge and we are back to flying direct from Newark to Bonaire.

diverdebbi
08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
thanks for the heads up schedule change..I also contacted Continental before they ever sent me the email ( when would they have done that I ask,in Feb ? anyway, after a tenty five minute wait on hold..got another flight from Houston to Hatford..there is no more Newark to Bonaire on Sunday...with no charge for the changes...always hard and complicated to get to Bonaire, but we are happy to arrive there and get in the water none the less...safe diving everyone

Bethy
08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I wonder if our return flight will eventually change as well...right now were are still leaving on March 4th (Sunday) Bonaire-Newark.

phelana
08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Bethy call NOW...if the flight comes in Sat. AM, you will not get home Sunday on CO.

Bethy
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks Ann,

I did call CO to verify our return flight, which is on March 4th. As of now CO is still offering the direct SAT Newark-BON flight for March and the SUN return..we shall see what happens down the road. I will keep my eye on it. Who knows they may end up switching our Friday Flight back to SAT.

Always an adventure getting to Bonaire :cool: