PDA

View Full Version : Question about business visa to live in Bonaire

Warauno
07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi all!, my name is Victor and I live in Venezuela, I used to post in the older forum but donīt know what happened with my account cause I couldnīt access so I have to register again :), I visited Bonaire a couple of years ago and still long for living one day there, it has a so quiet atmosphere that makes anybody fall in love,itīs just charming, totaly oposite than what we have here, well my question is does anybody know how much money itīs needed to get a business visa?, I asked on DEZA while I was there but unfortunately I forgot :confused:, and does getting that visa mean the mandatory opening of a business or the money just have to remain in a bank account?, thank you in advance for your responses and sorry, I imagine this question has been made a thousand times :), have all a real good day!

petri hausmann
07-20-2011, 07:29 AM
all permits are processed by DEZA .. visit their website for information..

Warauno
07-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok thank you Petri for your response, I will check it out.

bonairehomes
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Victor -

There is no such thing as a business Visa on Bonaire, as you have in order Laitin Ameircan countries such a Panama.

What you can get is "Residency with Permission to Work". This can be difficult to get unless you have an exsiting local company that will "sponsor" you.

As an alternaitve, you can also start your own business and work for yourself. If you are the sole shareholder in the company, or if you are a shareholder who owns 5% or more of the company you can apply for and normally be granted "resdiency with permission to work" as the director of YOUR own company.

In order to own your own company, you can either buy an exsiting NV (be careful) or see the Notaris to start a new company that you will own. The cost to establish your own NV used to be around $3000, but could be more now. You can call the Notaris office to find out the cost.

If you have an NV AND complete all of the resiency requirments, then you should be able to work as a director of your company and be a resident of Bonaire.

If you are a shareholder in a local company and NOT a resident, you can still come here and work for your company, but you will only be able to stay on island for 90 days out of every 180 days since you will be a non-resident.

If you e-mail me direct I can offer some more info.

Warauno
07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow thank you so much bonairehomes for that real good explanation and information, it sounds hopeful, I will consider all of those options and then make some phone calls to DEZA in order to get more detailed information, I really appreciate your help a lot, anything I will get in touch with you for more info, have a good night!