PDA

View Full Version : Television

Nicoole
07-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Hey there,

We want to buy al new television in the Netherlands we can use in Bonaire. Do we have to pay attention to certain characteristics? :hummm:

ModRoy
07-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi Nicoole, here's a quote from another thread (http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70814) in Moving to Bonaire ref the television requirements for Bon

Hi again!

Do not know what ambilight is, but I do know that a normal television from the Netherlands can not be used here when it unly uses the PAL system. It has to have the possibility to be used as a NTSC system (which is used here on Bonaire) as well. A lot of new televisions are able to switch between both. Check those details!
I have a PAL-tv, but with a special movie box I am able to use the NTSC-system.

The electricity on Bonaire is 127 Volts, 50 cycles, although many homes have 220 Volt, 50 cycle outlets in various parts of the house. For comparison, U.S. electricity is 110-120 Volts, 60 Cycles, while Holland is 220 Volts, 50 cycles.
For Dutch appliances, you need to either plug them into a 220 Volt socket, or get a step-up transformer.

I'm sure others will chime in with more advice :)

Kaisa
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Why not buy one here?

DiverVince
07-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Nicoole..I think you may want to rethink your premise. If it were me, I'd buy the TV on Bonaire. There are several good places available. Citishop, Omni electronics etc. This way if you have any problems, you have someone local to assist.

Nicoole
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reactions! Verry helpfull. We want to buy a new one because our tv does not work anymore :mad:.

Nicoole