PDA

View Full Version : Departure tax?

barbeja
06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi BTians!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the departure tax would now be added directly onto airline tickets. Does anyone know if this is true or am I just dreaming this?

Thanks!!

kob
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
You are not dreaming ;) ... departure tax should now be included in your ticket price. Even if you use FF miles for the ticket, you should still be charged for the departure tax.

barbeja
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks Kob!!:)
more $$ to spend on fun stuff while there!

Melissa Phillip
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
On the previous BT folks talked about the coding on the ticket receipt that indicated the departure fee had been paid.

I do not remember the coding, but many warned to have the receipt handy -there were cases where the check-in agent was not seeing in the computer that the fee was paid. Maybe those issues have been resolved.

For our trip in April we had bought our tickets prior to the fee being included- after checking in for departure, it was no problem to go around to the departure tax office and paid the fee. :)

barbeja
06-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks Melissa, would this coding show up on an e-ticket? Any idea how we would show that it's been paid or not?

Melissa Phillip
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM
From what I can gather- somewhere it should show the $35 dollar departure tax fee labeled with maybe PFC or PC tax for Passenger Facility Charge. I am sure they will get their money one way or another - but no one wants to pay the tax twice!

Chris
06-14-2011, 07:04 PM
When we checked in last weekend in Bonaire with Continental, we just waited for the counter agent to tell us. A few people were sent to the tax cashier, we were not. She explained, that only people who bought their tickets a long time ago, had to still pay the tax at check in. So it is obviously included in all recent ticket purchases.

jrstn
06-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Flew home today and the departure tax was included in the ticket price. We had e-tickets. I never saw the fee on any receipt but it was covered. Jeff

corybaby
06-19-2011, 10:21 AM
its true Barb!

bought our tiks last march and its included!! another reason the fares look higher than last time...............besides the normal reasons, fuel, inflation,profits, etc........:D