PDA

View Full Version : Lost camera in underwater housing

bryankil
05-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone, I was diving nukove today and some how my underwater camera came loose and floated away. I know it's a long shot but if anyone is out that way can u keep ur eyes peeled for it. It has all my pics from the last week and a half. It's a white olympus camera in a clear ikalite case. If anyone has any info I'm staying at the wannadive hut till sat morn.
Thanks
Bryan

BrianL
05-10-2011, 01:59 AM
If it is floating it is probably on route to Curacao, cameras have been returned after long journeys. Maybe we all should take the first picture of our address and contact details. This way the finder can let us know when the camera turns up.

scubaliz
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
The picture of your contact info isn't a bad idea. I found a Lumix camera while hiking up in the mountains over Thanksgiving. I found the owner by looking at all the pictures and figuring out she was likely an exchange student at the local University, based on all the photos on the camera. After some searching, I did manage to reunite the camera with the student. Happy day for us all!

BrianL
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
After thinking about it I am going to add a label inside my housing with my contact details. I know I would forget to take the picture each time.

pat murphy
05-11-2011, 09:40 AM
one of our local shops had a camera that had been lost near cozumel and found on a beach near fort lauderdale. the owner had put a return address label inside the housing. the person who found it opened it and saw the label and was able to return the camera to its owner. the housing was caked with barnacles but the camera was still functional. the return address label inside the housing seems to be a really good idea.