PDA

View Full Version : Any Problems with the NEW board

ModRoy
05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
If you find anything that isn't set up correctly please post here with a brief description.

such as the Webcam threads were showing up with latest thread at the bottom, I'm quite sure everyone prefers the newest thread to be at the top of the page

Thanks...:confused:

tursiops
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
What is the "Starter" and "Bonaire Talker" and "Bonaire Lover" code?

ModRoy
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
What is the "Starter" and "Bonaire Talker" and "Bonaire Lover" code?

as per the Nermaid thread yesterday :D

OK how about

from Post 1 - Title = Starter this then changes to Bonaire lover at 10th post

from Post 2 - Rank = Bonaire Talker

after that no changes

tursiops
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I missed that info....I don't normally read that forum because is is not about diving and rarely about Bonaire.

So, everybody is a Bonaire Talker (after the first post)?
And everybody is a Bonaire Lover after 10 posts?

I guess I don't understand how either of these adds value: everybody is going to be a BT, and the number of posts is already shown, and almost everybody is going to be a BL.

And, unless it is described and rationalized in the FAQ, you are going to keep getting questions about it!

You didn't ask, but if you did, I'd say just scrap the entire thing.

Hey, I like V-Bulletin, and am happy that this board now conforms to the display and use protocols that have become standard on most other boards. I'm particularly happy you have not enabled Reputation, even though you mention it in the boiler-plate FAQ.

Good job, mods. I do hope you can get some of the old stuff moved over; it is a treasure trove. If not, maybe it can be some kind of static, searchable data base.

Eddie Blizzard
05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Is anyone having problems running this with Firefox?

coldwaterlloyd
05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
How do I get the original post on the top of the page , I am getting the last posts to the threads on top ... thanks

ModRoy
05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Eddie, I've been running on Firefox for over 5 years, and since the very start of the testing phase in Nov I've not noticed any problems with BT2.

Lloyd try this....

http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_thread_display

after clicking on User CP, scroll down and click on Edit Options

and change these settings

Eddie Blizzard
05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Roy,

I couldn't register w/firefox and can't login. When I click the curser into the login box to enter my name the page automatically refreshes. Do you know Firefox well enough to troubloeshoot?

ModRoy
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Roy,

I couldn't register w/firefox and can't login. When I click the curser into the login box to enter my name the page automatically refreshes. Do you know Firefox well enough to troubloeshoot?

First go to Tools/Error console then click Clear.

Then
Try looking in Tools/Options/Security

make sure Remember Passwords is enabled, and that www.bonairetalk.com is NOT in the exceptions list

Way past my bedtime here, so will cya tomorrow.

tursiops
05-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I had the same problem as Eddie, using FF.
I registered with IE, then FF worked fine.

ModRoy
05-30-2011, 12:17 PM
We've had a problem that not all registered users could see some pics that were posted, I presume the default must be Contacts or friends as some people could see them

each part of your profile and posts has their own privacy setting:eek:

here's how I've set mine up :-

http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=256

ModRoy
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I copied the last post from another part of the board, but it is not showing as a "new post" :confused:

so posting here now to ensure as many users get to view it, as I consider it to be quite an important issue

Dankeschon :cool:

smits
05-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Is anyone having problems running this with Firefox?

Immediate registration through firefox did not work for me.

I registered through internet explorer and could use it with firefox afterwards.

Edward
06-28-2011, 06:48 AM
I would like to have the choice to subscribe to forums so that the actual message is delivered to my email address in real time, rather than an update notification.

I asked about this earlier, and I think the response I received was that some people received too many emails. If you keep the choices available now, and just add what we had with the original board, it seems like it would work for everyone.

Thank you very much for maintaining this website. It is probably what steered me to my first trip to Bonaire in 2003.

Tom
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Has anyone had any issues with firefox 4-5? I can't seem to use the forum at all. Any interaction causes the page to go to the homepage.

Click the screen by accident -> homepage
Try and type out a post -> bam homepage

ModRoy
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
to see if they have had any reports of similar problems.

We've also had two users report that they had prepared big posts and....... press post & Poof!!! gone:confused:

Thanks for the feedback of the problem Tom.

Oh and just for info I am using Firefox v5 and haven't had any problems, other than when I try and do the Fn/Alt/U short cut to get a diamond!!!:eek:

TESTING
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes:

ModRoy testing a TEST user for helping out with genuine User registration and log-in problems

<type>

Pegi Sue
09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
test test test

Pegi Sue
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
ModRoy testing PegiSue log-in