PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to post here

Ruths Ken
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Well I'll be the first poster on this thread. I LOVE to snorkel this island, (more than diving), I can, and do, put on some flippers, mask and snorkl and not come out of the water for hours. It's just fantastic! So there. I've said my piece lol.

RosAnne
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I love to snorkel and both of the kids do too! That's the cool thing about snorkeling Ken, you can just slowly go around for hours and not worry about running out of air...etc.:)

jkehnle
05-10-2011, 08:39 AM
We've been going to Bonaire for 15 years now. My wife has a snorkeling addiction and spends 3-4 hours a day in the water. I'll snorkel with a flotation device or in fairly shallow water, and enjoy it as well. The really Zen thing about snorkeling is that you see the most when you stop looking for stuff.

Conifer Water Rat
08-08-2011, 03:13 AM
We hope to visit Bonaire again in the spring of 2012. We really enjoyed our snorkeling there & hope to do a lot more! I think DH needs to get a wet suit. he usually gets cold & we have to go in... Of course, I'd just live in the water if I could! lol

DiveSergeant
08-08-2011, 01:01 PM
We usually do the full scuba thing, but sometimes it is relaxing to ditch all the tanks, weights and regulators, don our flippers, masks and snorkels and have at it. There is something about floating serenely around that lets the stress seep right out of a person.

Still, sucking 2700 psi of nitrox has its kicks, too

Either way, life is good!
DS

ronindiana
08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Flippers in the baby pool, and Fins in the sea!

Kimfair
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
My wife and I are snorkelers, and Bonaire is the best we've done. We're unfortunately skipping Bonaire this year, as our big trip is to the South Pacific this year (Morrea, Tahaa, Bora Bora). We'll be back to Bonaire soon, though!

oshendvr
08-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I think once you get to the south pacific, that will be the best snorkeling you have done. I know people that have never returned to the carribean after visiting southern pacific islands.

Kimfair
08-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I think once you get to the south pacific, that will be the best snorkeling you have done. I know people that have never returned to the carribean after visiting southern pacific islands.

I'll be returning to Bonaire for two reasons. I love it, and it's a LOT cheaper than the South Pacific! I'm sure we'll want to go to back to after we return, but we could return to Bonaire more than once for what it costs comparably.

DiveSergeant
08-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Flippers in the baby pool, and Fins in the sea!

I figured it was flippers for kids and fins if you're grown up.

So, not having done that yet.....!:D

ModFreddie
08-13-2011, 09:17 AM
DS :):D

snorkeling vet
08-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone, we will be in Bonaire October 1 - 8th this year! Can't wait, it's our
second trip. Does the Regatta make the island and the water alot busier?