Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't get to Bonaire on American

Cool

Thanks for the additional info. I will start calling next week to make sure they really do have the RAPID tests.

larrygross is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I don't follow Bonaire's requirements, and I don't see them in English. WHat if a person flew to the intermediate city a day early, had the test, and then flew to BON not the next day but the day after? So in the current example, to MIA on the 1st, tested then, and flew to BON on the 3rd?

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by larrygross View Post
    I don't follow Bonaire's requirements, and I don't see them in English. WHat if a person flew to the intermediate city a day early, had the test, and then flew to BON not the next day but the day after? So in the current example, to MIA on the 1st, tested then, and flew to BON on the 3rd?
    The Bonaire requirements are on BonaireCrisis.com, which you can either access in English (little British flag at the top) or use Google Translate on the Dutch version (easy in chrome).
    Your take-a-test-in-an-intermediary-city is perfectly plausible, if it is within the 48h window before the Bonaire flight. Not all intermediary cities have easy on-site testing, however, and it can be costly.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    But of course one must overnight on the way because of American's schedule. One cannot get to Miami from Albuquerque for the flight to Bonaire otherwise. The last flight leaving Albuquerque to get me through DFT to MIA is at 4:45 PM and the last flight leaving to get me through PDX to MIA is at 5:30 PM. The MIA to BON flight is at 11:30AM the next day.

And of course that test, the rapid pcr test, is not available in Albuquerque.
    I emailed publichealth@bonairegov.com and told them that I will be flying out of Boston, overnight in Miami at the Airport hotel, and on to Bonaire the next day. I wanted to know if the 48 hour test was for departure in Boston or in Miami.

Their reply is that the test is for departure in Boston.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by PeterO View Post
    I emailed publichealth@bonairegov.com and told them that I will be flying out of Boston, overnight in Miami at the Airport hotel, and on to Bonaire the next day. I wanted to know if the 48 hour test was for departure in Boston or in Miami.

Their reply is that the test is for departure in Boston.
    This is their answer every time they are asked that question.
    I'm not sure why people are uncomfortable with it.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    This is their answer every time they are asked that question.
    I'm not sure why people are uncomfortable with it.
    I asked for clarification because of overnighting in Miami. Did not know if it would change things.

I have made 4 visits from the US to Bonaire since May and the entry rules keeps changing. Last trip in late August, if you can show proof of being fully vaccinated (US CDC card in hand - not a picture) and show a negative PCR test result for a test taken within 48 hours of your initial departure (connection and layovers not an issue) you Pass Go and move on in - any doubt and you take a Rapid test at the airport - as long as it is Negative, you are in. Don't over think this - Bonaire wants fully vaccinated US tourists - they will even dance for you like Hawaii & Tahiti which I find a bit pathetic.

The issue for us was not Bonaire, we were fully qualified, the issue was American Airlines. American would not let us fly from Albuquerque to Dallas to Miami without having the PCR test results in hand even though there is no requirement for that except American's secret rules.

Iíve been flying with Delta sine they reopened routes in May - no entry or exit issues. I think American AA is taking the poorly written Bonaire Health directives literally and not as practiced. This is Bonaireís fault - they go back and forth. In fairness, Bonaire has done pretty well considering how their positive Covid tests results are far worse then any other Netherland Caribbean nation.

I was back and forth in June and September and will be back again Nov 6 when United resumes direct flights from Newark.

The whole world is screwed up at the moment - sorry you got caught up in it.

trtippins is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Where did your Delta flight originate from ??? If not in Atlanta did you overnight in Atlanta??? Did you get your PCR test in Atlanta or your originating city, if not from Atlanta ??? Thank you in advance for your reply. We leave for Bonaire October 29th