Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't get to Bonaire on American

My recent Delta flights originated in Newark - 2hr or so layover in Atlanta. Earlier in the year and late last year I was flying United through Aruba. Pretty sure if you take the PCR test within 48 hrs of arrival in Bonaire they will accept emailed results on arrival IF you can also show proof of being vaccinated. I canít speak for American Airlines - fortunately I get to start flying direct Nov 6 from Newark on United.

I Know this is a little late but if anyone still reading this it may help. It may be a risk but I think the solution to this annoying AA secret rule is to not book connecting flights initially. We happened to book 2 separate flights due to it being cheaper and during the 1st leg domestic flight we were not asked for any covid testing at all. ( We flew NY to Miami, we also did not check bags and did online boarding pass so did not speak to agent). Then in Miami we were asked to show covid testing prior to boarding plane to Bonaire. Obviously timing of flights comes into play but I think this may be the only solution if you really want to get to Bonaire through AA from certain states.

trtippins is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Thanks ChrisL !!!

I am so happy to fly direct from Newark in less then two weeks on November 6th on United's first flight back to Bonaire since March of 2020. I'm a bit spoiled and pre-covid would get to Bonaire 8-10 times a year for 1-3 weeks at a time. My goal for 2022 is two weeks at time with 4 weeks stateside in between visits.

In November 2020 I got back with United via Aruba & EZ Air and back to the US through Curacao, again in January 2021 the same route before the lockdowns. We came back the same way in May but we returned via Atlanta with Delta when they resumed service. We flew Delta r/t in July and got stuck overnight in Atlanta for lack of a flight crew to Laguardia; we flew Delta r/t again in August and got back to the US without problems in early September. We are planning two weeks November 6th and again January 1st, February 12th, March 26th and June 8th. That's as far in advance as they would let me book so far. Getting there direct in 4:15hrs is a real treat.