Thread: PCR Testing

Question PCR Testing

Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements regarding the collection method for the nasal swab used to perform the PCR test ??? In reading about this it appears there are several different methods used for the actual nasal swab procedure.

Getting to Bonaire you should go to a certified testing faciality and not try to do the at-home test kits.

We've been getting PCR results back in under 24hrs lately. We travel to Bonaire tomorrow again on Delta via Atlanta (I cant wait until United starts flying again on November 6th).

We got our PCR test done yesterday and travel tomorrow within the new 48-hr window. We have both been vaccinated since April. This trip we are attempting to enter with the Negative PCR results and the CDC vaccination cards. In July we had show 72-hr window PCR Negative results + a 24-hr rapid antigen test to enter - there was no request to see proof of vaccinations then, but apparently there is now.

I'll report back tomorrow or Sunday.

Entry to Bonaire yesterday (Saturday) was pretty easy - I presented a printed copy of the Health Declaration form completed online 24-72 hrs in advance of arrival (I did mine Friday night). They wanted to see physical actual vaccination card, not the photo on my phone. I had printed proof of negative PCR Test taken within 48 hours of departure from the US. No second rapid antigen test was asked for like it was back in July. It's very hot here but the breeze is good. Happy to be back again. We had to do a online covid health questionnaire to get seated at Windsock Beach yesterday, none was requested at Ocean Oasis today. Sign on door outside at Van Den Twill asked customers to wear masks - no one, including supermarket staff were wearing masks, a few had them under their chins. Crazy times continue.

The current rules run through Aug 27 ( Bonaire's Risk Level 2 Extended for 2 More Weeks | InfoBonaire ) with nothing regarding what happens after that, we are scheduled to arrive Sept 1.

The link above requires PCR test within 72 hours of arrival. A link on that same page says the requirement is 48 hours before arrival but, there is no date on that directive except for it starts on August 8 (Bonaire Announces Changes in PCR Tests for Travelers | InfoBonaire ).

Yes, Covid makes things difficult but, a simpler system of describing the timing of the rules would certainly be helpful. The current set of rules seem to expire in 4 days with nothing yet decided for after that.

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    The current rules run through Aug 27 ( Bonaire's Risk Level 2 Extended for 2 More Weeks | InfoBonaire ) with nothing regarding what happens after that, we are scheduled to arrive Sept 1.

The link above requires PCR test within 72 hours of arrival. A link on that same page says the requirement is 48 hours before arrival but, there is no date on that directive except for it starts on August 8 (Bonaire Announces Changes in PCR Tests for Travelers | InfoBonaire ).

Yes, Covid makes things difficult but, a simpler system of describing the timing of the rules would certainly be helpful. The current set of rules seem to expire in 4 days with nothing yet decided for after that.
    I shared my recent arrival experience and observations from this past Saturday afternoon exactly because of confusion on the internet. Upon arrival the health inspectors were looking for proof of a negative PCR test taken within 48hrs of departure - they were very clear about that. Those who had 72hr old PCR tests, were instructed to sit and wait for an antigen rapid test conducted at the airport right outside of the passport inspections. Unless Bonaire and the Netherlands come out with new updated entry guidelines, the August 8th mandates will likely continue to be enforced. On https://wetten.overheid.nl it says the current regulations expire 01/09/2021. I doubt they will change much unless they decide to classify the USA as VERY High Risk which would require a 5th day covid test while visiting.

This was my 4th visit from the states since November 2020. We entered via Aruba in November & May and returned with Delta In June, r/t trip with Delta in July (slept in Atlanta airport for lack of a crew to fly us home that Saturday night), and r/t again this trip with Delta (hopefully the same day return going home). None of the four arrivals so far were the same. We are here until Sept. 4th. and not planning to return again until United resumes direct flights from Newark November 6th. InfoBonaire does its best - not sure our own CDC or our governors are doing much better at giving clear and decisive directives.