Thread: Moving my stuff

Default Moving my stuff

We are extremely happy to be planning our move to Bonaire in March, 2022. I have read many forum threads about shipping. I am wondering how shipping fees are determined. Is it strictly by weight? Or dimensions? Or a combination? Thank you

So I did find a thread that answered my question. The date is 2011... Can I assume that all of the information presented over all these years is still accurate today?

Get in touch with AmCar or Rocargo , they can give you info.

Quote Originally Posted by sorobonanne View Post
    Get in touch with AmCar or Rocargo , they can give you info.
    AmCar (305)599-8866 is in Miami and Rocargo is who receives it in Bonaire and collects the import tax and freight fees. AmCar can arrange for a container or ship loose packages - weight is not an issue, cost of shipping is based on volume.

I did not move anything old here, just imported new things. I did lots of furniture shopping in the US on-line, had everything delivered "boxed" to AmCar, sent the purchase invoices to them as well so import tax could be calculated. I timed deliveries to AMCar so things were shipped together. I went back to some of the US suppliers and got sales tax refunded when I proved items left the country.

Thank you. This was what I was looking for.